Views
Helpful
Replies

Extend and Connect with Finesse

kvallis01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

We are currently experimenting with adding remote Call Centre agents using Extended and Connect, but running into a problem after logging into Finesse.

Just wondering if anyone has encounter this before.

After logging into Finesse the EC Remote Device immediately receives a call from what I assume is CCX with the Call ID 'EC Mode'. If you pickup the call, it's dead air; Hang up and it just calls you back.

Your not able to go ready in Finesse, attempting to do so produces a CF_RESOURCE_OUT_OF_SERVICE error.

I've confirmed that EC is working outside of Finesse, and that CTI account is able to control the Remote Device.

4 Replies 4

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I've never used this feature, but what you're describing sounds kind of expected.

Have you read about Persistent Connections in the UCCX SRND?

"A persistent connection call is made to the active remote destination during agent login. The agent answers the persistent connection call only from a configured remote destination. ICD calls are placed over persistent connection. The agent moves to Ready state after answering the persistent connection call."

No one in the universe has EVER configured this?

Hi,

You seem to be hitting the same issue I did when I looked at this about a week ago.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/uccx-with-extend-and-connect-call-drops/m-p/4051372#M115618 

As you will read the persistent connection thing is as per design which is not ideal as it locks up lots of voice channels whilst the agents are logged it.

Anthony kindly tested it on his system and got it working without seeing the call drops so it can work.

I have not managed to troubleshoot the call drops on my system because I have been flat out working on other stuff but Anthony has shown it can work.

If you do manage to make any progress please share - I will do likewise.

Cheers

James

The Cisco documentation on this feature flat out sucks.  The best documentation is  here:

https://comstice.com/blog/post/configuring-cisco-extend-and-connect-for-uccx

If you follow the doc exactly - it works.  Here are the basic elements:
UCCX AGENT EXTENSION 1234 >>> CTI Remote Device w/ 1234 DN in UCCX Agent Partition >>> Remote Destination to Agent Cell Phone 91XXXXXXXXXX

I disabled Persistent Connections (UCCX Service Parameter) and we are going to ANSWER calls from the physical cell phones as Finesse was throwing CTI error-22 when I attempted to ANSWER incoming calls from within Finesse. It would be very impressive if somehow Finesse could actually ANSWER a call that is being presented to your cell phone - so we will just use the cell phone to answer those calls.

You must build a Jabber CSF object and select Device For Calls and enter the cell phone number used in the Remote Destination mapped to the CTI Remote Device. 

Make sure to associate Jabber CSF and CTI RD with CUCM application user "rmcm".

It's configuration complexity and terrible documentation like this that has motivated me to drive our organization toward Zoom Phone.  It is not the solution for everyone - but in our case - I'm determined to push toward that solution once the dust has settled on the COVID mayhem.