Views
Helpful
Replies

External AW-HDS Server sizing

Ritesh Desai
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi team,

I have request to deploy AW-HDS solution having 7 years of retention. Can someone put glimpse how should I calculate HDD required, DB size, configuration, etc? 

I referred UCCE SRND and didn't found HDS, AW-HDS words. Still CCE is not deployed yet.

regards,

Ritesh Desai.

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Sasikumar Divvela
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use DB Estimator tool to calculate the size. Give the configuration and no.of days as input the tool , it will give you the estimated size.

ICMDBA->select HDS DB ->Rightclick->Select Estimate option.

View solution in original post

Hey Ritesh,

It really depends on what you are going to size ? HDS or HDS-DDS?

The difference between HDS and HDS-DDS is the tables available,DDS has more tables (TCD,RCD,TCV and RCV) available than HDS.

Now RCV and TCV are only going to show up if mark the variable as persistent, do you have any plans for that?

Personally i don't feel its required to keep TCV and RCV for 2555 days (7 years), why do you care what value ECC variable hold before 7 year for a particular call?

do you think your each call 500 bytes of ECC data attached? that would 10 ECC variable average 50 bytes each, not at all relevant.

TCD and RCD' are useful for custom reporting and troubleshooting but i really don't see any requirement for keeping them till 7 years, 1 year is enough for them.

Now other than TCD,RCD,TCV,RCV you can set everything to 2355 days since that will be the core of reporting.

one more thing why are you putting 5110 days(14 years), you should be putting 2555 days (7 years) and leave it to overhead factor which is set to 2 by default and its going to double up your calculation.

any keep one thing in mind, you can always come and increase the database size whenever required.

your calculation looks good but needs some tweaking as i mentioned above.

regards

Chintan

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Sasikumar Divvela
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use DB Estimator tool to calculate the size. Give the configuration and no.of days as input the tool , it will give you the estimated size.

ICMDBA->select HDS DB ->Rightclick->Select Estimate option.

Hi Cintan and Sasikumar,

In latest 11.x versions, there is NO Average events option available. What's available is Overhead factor and variable percent used.

Using and filling Call & Event data will provide me DB Estimate. Calculation as below: 

Eg: If CC have 50000 calling capacity a day, then RCD & TCD count calculated is 50000. Then 7yrs equals 5110 days.

ECC variables stored: 30# of variables per call. ECC bytes/call detail: 500.

Total count = 2456265 MB = 2.45TB

Is my calculation correct?

regards,

Ritesh Desai.

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai

Hey Ritesh,

It really depends on what you are going to size ? HDS or HDS-DDS?

The difference between HDS and HDS-DDS is the tables available,DDS has more tables (TCD,RCD,TCV and RCV) available than HDS.

Now RCV and TCV are only going to show up if mark the variable as persistent, do you have any plans for that?

Personally i don't feel its required to keep TCV and RCV for 2555 days (7 years), why do you care what value ECC variable hold before 7 year for a particular call?

do you think your each call 500 bytes of ECC data attached? that would 10 ECC variable average 50 bytes each, not at all relevant.

TCD and RCD' are useful for custom reporting and troubleshooting but i really don't see any requirement for keeping them till 7 years, 1 year is enough for them.

Now other than TCD,RCD,TCV,RCV you can set everything to 2355 days since that will be the core of reporting.

one more thing why are you putting 5110 days(14 years), you should be putting 2555 days (7 years) and leave it to overhead factor which is set to 2 by default and its going to double up your calculation.

any keep one thing in mind, you can always come and increase the database size whenever required.

your calculation looks good but needs some tweaking as i mentioned above.

regards

Chintan

hey Chintan,

Thanks mate... appreciated for guidance.

5110 was calculation mistake.

regards,

Ritesh Desai.

regards, Ritesh Desai

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

Ritesh,

You do it using database sizing estimator tool available when you install ICM component.

look at here.

By default when you create database using ICMDBA, they are automatically set to autogrow.

and later you can use sizing estimator tool to accurately size your databases.

regards

Chintan

oh i see sasikumar has already answered your query, you can ignore my words like it never happened.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: