Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Facebok wall post not appearing in social miner

Hi,

I have configured facebook feed in social miner and got it successfully reauthorized. i added it to a campaign. after that I posted a comment in the wall But I didn't receive any message in the socialminer.

can anyone advise on this issue? Any feedback will be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Shabeer,

I was able to retrieve posts using the just4shab page.

Do you know what version of SocialMiner the customer is using? There have been some Facebook API changes that prevent the 9.0 version of SocialMiner from retrieving posts from Facebook. The customer will need version 10.0 or version 9.0 cop4 of SocialMiner to retrieve posts from Facebook.

Assuming the customer has one of the versions listed above, then SocialMiner should be able to pull posts from Facebook if a Facebook feed has been setup for just4shab and that feed is associated with a campaign. Otherwise, we'll need to look at the SocialMiner runtime logs. These logs can be retrieved as follows:

• In a browser, navigate to https://socialMiner/ccp-webapp/logs/runtime/
  • Look for a file that starts with CCBU-runtime and ends with .log
  • Click on the link to open the file in your browser
  • Look for lines containing FACEBOOK_FETCHER
  • These lines will provide details for each fetch

The easiest thing to do would be to attach the log file to a post in this forum, but I'm not sure this tool allows it. We can deal with that if we need to do further log file analysis. The first thing to do would be to make sure the customer has a current version of SocialMiner (10.0 or 9.0 cop4).

-Mark

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

mrzasa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Shabeer,

Would you please send the URL to your Facebook Fan Page. I'd like to try to configure one of the SocialMiners in our lab to fetch posts from it.

This should be the easiest way to troubleshoot.

Thanks,

Mark

Dear Mark,

Thank you for responding.

Please find the below URLs to check from your side:

https://www.facebook.com/Waseef.Corporate

https://www.facebook.com/just4shab

Waseef.corporate is the actual facebook page. the other one is a test page which I had created.

Please do check on this and let me know.

Regards,

Shabeer

Hi Shabeer,

I added feeds for both Facebook pages. I am able to retrieve posts from the just4shab page. I am not able to retrieve posts from Waseef.Corporate. Are you seeing the same thing?

In order to understand if the problem with Waseef.Corporate is with SocialMiner or Facebook, I used the Facebook Graph API to perform the same query that SocialMiner performs. The Graph API is here:

https://developers.facebook.com/tools/explorer

In the text box next to the GET button, I entered "Waseef.Corporate/feed". This is the same URL that SocialMiner uses to retrieve posts. After clicking the Submit button, I see that no posts are returned. This explains why SocialMiner is not able to retrieve any posts.

Once I saw that there were no posts, I tried to go to the Waseef.Corporate Facebook page. I was not able to access the page. I was redirected to my Facebook home page. Is it possible that your Facebook page has location restrictions?

-Mark

Dear Mark,

Can you please update on whether you were successful in testing just4shab facebook page.

I tried that but was not successful. can you please let me know the network prerequisites for setting up social miner

The customer has informed me that the server has internet access and there is no need to configure proxy.

Can you please advise on this?

Thanks and Regards,

Shabeer

Hi Shabeer,

I was able to retrieve posts using the just4shab page.

Do you know what version of SocialMiner the customer is using? There have been some Facebook API changes that prevent the 9.0 version of SocialMiner from retrieving posts from Facebook. The customer will need version 10.0 or version 9.0 cop4 of SocialMiner to retrieve posts from Facebook.

Assuming the customer has one of the versions listed above, then SocialMiner should be able to pull posts from Facebook if a Facebook feed has been setup for just4shab and that feed is associated with a campaign. Otherwise, we'll need to look at the SocialMiner runtime logs. These logs can be retrieved as follows:

• In a browser, navigate to https://socialMiner/ccp-webapp/logs/runtime/
  • Look for a file that starts with CCBU-runtime and ends with .log
  • Click on the link to open the file in your browser
  • Look for lines containing FACEBOOK_FETCHER
  • These lines will provide details for each fetch

The easiest thing to do would be to attach the log file to a post in this forum, but I'm not sure this tool allows it. We can deal with that if we need to do further log file analysis. The first thing to do would be to make sure the customer has a current version of SocialMiner (10.0 or 9.0 cop4).

-Mark

Dear Mark,

I uploaded cop4 file to the system and restarted the socialminer.

The facebook page is as follows Salwa | Facebook

After that I was able to retrieve the posts from facebook. I was also able to reply to the post from Socialminer and it got reflected at facebook. Thanks for that!!

But when I tried to reply to the post on the facebook posted by Social miner , it didn't get reflected  in the Socialminer campign page in Home section. It is going to be 3 hours now.

The polling interval is 5 minutes and minimum age is 1 hour set for facebook feed. But when I reply to a previous post in Socialminer server, it is getting updated in facebook.

Can please advise on this?

Regards,

Shabeer

Hi Shabeer,

Can you tell me which reply is missing?

I setup the feed on my SocialMiner. I believe I'm getting all of the replies.

Also, do you mind if I try some replies on SocialMiner through your page to see if I can reproduce the problem?

Thanks,

Mark

Dear Mark,

You are free to try to put posts in Salwa | Facebook fan page.

The issue I am facing is as follows:

When a Facebook (FB) user posts a fresh comment, it is getting retrieved from Social Miner. And when an agent replies to the post from SocialMiner server, it appears in Facebook. But when the FB user replies to the post by the SocialMiner agent, it is not getting retrieved in SocialMiner. I will attach the snapshot of the issue.

If you check the snaphot, you can find that user called Manivannan typed a post and it got retrieved in Social miner. When Socialminer agent replied to the post, it appeared in Facbook page as below. But after that when Mannivannan replied to the SocialMiner agent's post, it couldn't be retreived from SocialMiner.FB-snapshot.JPG

I believe you understood the issue.

Thanks and regards,

Shabeer

Hi Shabeer,

SocialMiner does not currently support replies to comments. I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

-Mark

Hi Mark,

What you mean to say is that reply to the comment posted by SocialMiner Agent is not supported? Only replying to the Posts by users is possible?

In case if this is the case, is the above case considered as a roadmap for future releases?

Regards,

Shabeer

Hi Shabeer,

SocialMiner can retrieve posts and comments. It cannot retrieve replies to comments. SocialMiner users cannot reply to comments through the SocialMiner user interface the way that Facebook users can using the Facebook user interface. When SocialMiner users reply to posts and comments, they appear under the post. Here's an example where a SocialMiner user has replied to a post and a comment:

facebook.png

I will get back to you on where replies to comments are in our roadmap.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Can you please let me know if reply to comments is possible in Social miner?

Thanks and Regards,

Shabeer

Do you understand what model of SocialMiner the purchaser is the use of? There have been a few Facebook API changes that prevent the 9.Zero version of SocialMiner from retrieving posts from Facebook. The customer will need version 10.Zero or model nine.0 cop4 of SocialMiner to retrieve posts from Facebook.

Assuming the patron has one of the versions listed above, then SocialMiner should have the ability to tug posts from Facebook if a Facebook feed has been setup for just4shab and that feed is related to a marketing campaign. Otherwise, we will need to study the SocialMiner runtime logs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: