cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Field no longer in customer base fieldset

ptindall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What changed?  Now getting a non-existent field error on previously working code.

com.cisco.thunderhead.errors.GsonApiException: null: ApiError with errorType: invalidData, errorData: dataElements, errorMessage: Non-existing field (Context_LinkedIn_ID) specified in data elements, but not in fieldsets:[cisco.base.customer].

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

We will be adding a new field in the cisco.base.customer fieldset named Context_Customer_External_ID. We think it is useful for those who want to get up and running quickly and only need the basic fields.

But as Joseph notes below, you do not need to use the built-in fieldsets, we've provided the flexibility to create any fields or fieldsets that you need for your solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

ccosenti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Paul,

The following were removed from the Customer Base Fieldset:

• Context_LinkedIn_ID
  • Context_Twitter_ID
  • Context_Facebook_ID

The reason being that there are innumerable Social Media IDs that you might want to associate with a customer record, and rather than cluttering the base Customer fieldset with these IDs we now suggest creating a custom fieldset that contains the social media fields that you want to associate with your customers.

Sorry for not providing advance notice of this change.

I'm OK with removing these but what would be useful is a generic ID field to serve as a customer reference to data that exists on other systems.  As it stands, it's necessary to add a custom fieldset just to add a single unique customer ID field, the one vital piece of information necessary to link to other systems.

Paul

Hi Paul,

That's a good suggestion. Let me talk to the team and see what some options might be.

Thanks,

Chris

We will be adding a new field in the cisco.base.customer fieldset named Context_Customer_External_ID. We think it is useful for those who want to get up and running quickly and only need the basic fields.

But as Joseph notes below, you do not need to use the built-in fieldsets, we've provided the flexibility to create any fields or fieldsets that you need for your solution.

Interestingly, I take another approach. I always define my own fields and field sets. I don't consider it a responsibility of an SDK developer to know what the keys to my values are. It also removes a dependency to someone else's key definitions.

I like to think that the key to product usage is the product's flexibility and configuration options. I like what the product does, just let me configure it to how I want to use it.