cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Finesse 11.6 REST API with SSO

Hi all,

is it possible to use REST API when SSO is enabled on the Finesse or this is not currently supported?I tried this on dcloud. I had one agent without SSO and API calls were working as expected from postman but when I tried same API calls for agent with SSO enabled these API calls were not success with 401 - unauthorized response from Finesser server.

Thx

Tomas

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Re: Finesse 11.6 REST API with SSO

Hi Tomas,

Currently, SSO is not supported for the Finesse REST APIs. It is only supported for the Finesse JavaScript API (where it handles the authentication for you).

Thanx,

Denise

Highlighted
Beginner

Is there a solution for this yet..?
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes and no. Yes, SSO with the REST APIs work. No, because the process to get the auth token needed in the authorization of the REST API is not straightforward. Here is the section in the developer's guide on SSO APIs: https://developer.cisco.com/docs/finesse/#!single-sign-on

Thanx,

Denise

Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Denise,

I have a use case when I am using the Finesse Javascript API to make calls and other related actions on my 3rd party gadget inside finesse but I am getting an unauthorised error after a duration of around 75mins when I am logged into the finesse. However at the same time, I am able to do the same actions using the finesse call control gadget.

And since I am unable to work with this, I was looking for alternatives on getting the SSO token using finesse rest api’s.

Thanks,

Utsav

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Interesting. Let me check with the Finesse team on why you start getting an error after 75 mins. I know that the tokens expire, but the Finesse container should be handling that, which explains why the call control gadget is working fine.

Thanx,

Denise

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The Finesse team is not able to reproduce your issue. Can you please share your gadget code?

Thanx,

Denise