Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse 11.6 to 12.0 Upgrade issue

Dear All,

We have upgraded Finesse  from 11.6.1 to 12.0. Post upgrade we have updated Vmware tools. But still we are getting below message . We followed Finesse 12.0 upgrade guide.  Please check and let me know the fix.

finesse issue.PNG

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As everyone else has already stated, I believe the documentation is incorrect.  Information in the OVA and other documentation shows that it is CentOS.  Changing the GuestOS should solve your problem though.

***Please Mark and Rate helpful posts***

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Kevin Martin
Level 1
Level 1

If you go to 'Actions > Edit Settings > VM Option > General Options', You should be able to change the Guest OS to 'CentOS 4/5 or Later (64 bit)'.  You may have to have the VM in a shutdown state to change this though.

Thanks, 

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Finesse 11.6.1 ova already running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (64-bit) Guest Operating System.

//Version 11.6.1//
Cisco Finesse VM configuration that supports up to 2000 HTTP agents or 2000 HTTPS agents.
Details:
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (64-bit)
CPU: 4 vCPU with 5000 MHz reservation
Memory: 10 GB with 10 GB reservation
Disk: 1 x 146 GB disk

====================================

Version 12 also have the same Guest Operating System.

//Version 12.0.1 //

isco Finesse VM configuration that supports up to 2000 HTTP agents or 2000 HTTPS agents.

Details:
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (64-bit)

there is no changes for operating system version 11.6 and 12.x . But post upgrade we are getting the notification alert.

As per Cisco 12.0 upgrade guide we need to change below option . and that also not possible because 11.6 already running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (64-bit).

In the Options tab,select General Options. Update the Guest Operating System from Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 (32-bit) to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (64-bit).

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/finesse/finesse_1201/installation/guide/cfin_b_cisco-finesse-installation-and-upgrade.pdf

Please check and let me know the reason.

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S

Hi Ram,

The readme for Finesse_12.0.1_VOS12.0.1_vmv11_v1.3.ova states this:

3.0 Deployment Options

500 HTTP or 250 HTTPS Agents:

Cisco Finesse VM configuration that supports up to 500 HTTP agents or 250 HTTPS agents.

Details:
CentOS 6 (64-bit)
CPU: 2 vCPU with 4000 MHz reservation
Memory: 8 GB with 8 GB reservation

2000 HTTP or 2000 HTTPS Agents:

Cisco Finesse VM configuration that supports up to 2000 HTTP agents or 2000 HTTPS agents.

Details:
CentOS 6 (64-bit)

I believe the Install Guide must be incorrect as the 12.0 VOS systems are changing to CentOS

Above is quite true that the VOS is being changed to CenOS from V 12 onwards.  I saw release notes for CUCM and UCCX which states this; however I could not find any information on Finesse release notes.

As everyone else has already stated, I believe the documentation is incorrect.  Information in the OVA and other documentation shows that it is CentOS.  Changing the GuestOS should solve your problem though.

Hi All,

Issue has been solved and PCCE 11.6 to 12.0 upgrade has been completed with Zero errors.

Regards,
Ram.S

Hi All,

PCCE 11.6.1 to 12.0.1 Post migration now all the VVB is went to out of sync. We raised case with TAC for long back and  till now no response . If anyone know the reason or fix for this issues .

For work around we reinstalled 1 VVB to 12.0.1 but the result is same.

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: