Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse 12.0 gadget testing with nocache

I am testing gadgets in Finesse 12.0 for the first time. The nocache parameter is not working as expected

I am loading a gadget from an external IIS server. Updates to the gadget are reflected immediately on the 11.5 desktop with nocache. The same gadget does not update on the 12.0 desktop with nocache. 

Has the usage changed in version 12.0?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Finesse 12.0 gadget testing with nocache

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed update. It has been confirmed that this is indeed a bug in 12.0. I have opened a defect CSCvp77244 for this issue. It may take a little bit of time to be customer visible.

Thanx,

Denise

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Enthusiast

What does your URL look like?

This has worked for me in 11.6.
https://[IP]/desktop/container/?nocache

Cisco Employee

Hi,

Interesting. I just tested this out and also have issues with nocache on 12.0. I know it takes longer for the desktop layout to go into affect (confirmed with documentation) so maybe this is related. Looking at the Gadget caching/nocache documentation (https://developer.cisco.com/docs/finesse/#gadget-caching) for 12.0, I don't see anything stating it'll take longer. In my test right now, it took close to 5 minutes for the change to reflect. I ended up signing out and back in within that timeframe though.

I will reach out to the Finesse team to see if this is a bug or documentation needs to be updated.

Thanx,

Denise

Thanks for confirming. It does update occasionally but I have not been able to match it to a specific timer. Logout/Login will not automatically refresh, when it does it is probably related to the same timer expiring.

Any update from the developers?

Cisco Employee

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed update. It has been confirmed that this is indeed a bug in 12.0. I have opened a defect CSCvp77244 for this issue. It may take a little bit of time to be customer visible.

Thanx,

Denise

Contributor

Any workaround available?

Regards,

Erik

Cisco Employee

Hi,

Unfortunately not. The bug will be fixed in the next 12.0 ES, but I do not have a ETA on when that will be.

Thanx,

Denise

ES2 was released last week. Looks to be fixed by my limited testing. 

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards