Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse 12.0 gadget testing with nocache

I am testing gadgets in Finesse 12.0 for the first time. The nocache parameter is not working as expected

I am loading a gadget from an external IIS server. Updates to the gadget are reflected immediately on the 11.5 desktop with nocache. The same gadget does not update on the 12.0 desktop with nocache. 

Has the usage changed in version 12.0?

19 Replies 19

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Also, I noticed that you said the following:

I can't even use the &nocache parameter because that causes the gadget page to not load at all!

Can you show the url that you are using with &nocache? Are you using a CCE or CCX system?

As an alternative to loading remotely, I decided to copy the gadget files and Javascript directly to the Finesse server instead. Finesse wouldn't even SEE the local files until I restarted the Cisco Finesse Tomcat service.

What happens if you load the xml file on the browser? ie. https://fqdn:port/3rdpartygadget/files/... Does the XML file show up?

This is PCCE 12.5 and Finesse is 12.5ES5. If I load the gadget directly from the server in the browser, I can see all of the XML generated correctly. I can't share the URL or output that I'm seeing currently without the client's permission, but when I get some time I will reproduce it in dCloud or the Finesse Sandbox, because I have experienced the same problem in both of them, then post those screen shots. Right now, the only work-around I can get to work is to rename the files with increasing version numbers. That's the only way to get around the Finesse cache and it's a janky way of doing it.

Hi,

I just tested this out with the PCCE 12.5 DevNet Sandbox and cannot reproduce the issue using the Finesse server as the host (3rdpartygadget). I also used the Firefox browser on AW and could not reproduce it as well. The Finesse on the PCCE sandbox is on 12.5(1) ES3, so I upgraded it to ES5 to match your environment. I was still not able to reproduce the issue. This is the URL I am using with the nocache: https://fin-pub-a-50.berlin.icm:8445/desktop/container/?locale=en_US&nocache

If you are able to reproduce the problem using the PCCE 12.5 sandbox, then it is your browser caching that is the issue.

Thanx,

Denise

I take it back, it is not PCCE but UCCE instead. The version of Finesse is the same so that shouldn't matter.

The fact that I can clear the browser cache and consistently reproduce it across multiple browsers, multiple VM's and different operating systems must mean it's my browser causing the issue. Try loading a page that is generated from a remote server and see if you can reproduce it. Loading the stock Cisco page does not count as a valid test. Of course then you will say it's my remote IIS server causing the issue, but I have disabled all caching on IIS and followed the suggestions from this thread to enable the do not cache headers in IIS, to no avail.

I will work on setting up a test to get proof for you.

Hi,

Correct, PCCE vs UCCE doesn't make a difference for this issue.

I do not have a setup with a remote server to host the gadget. I can look further when you are able to set it up and reproduce.

Thanx,

Denise