Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse 12.6.1 (PCCE) error 401 on API in custom gadget

Hey

After upgrading my customers Finesse to 12.6.1 im running into problems with using the finesse API

I have a custom gadget where the agent can set themself ready/not ready and answer calls.

After a couple of times the buttons doesn't work anymore (This is randomly for alle agents).

In the console log im getting errror 401 (Unauthorized).

The only way to get it to work again is to reload the finesse client.

No changes has been made in my code since the upgrade (it worked perfect on version 11.5 for the last years)

I have upgradede the finesse.js file to version 12.6.1 and the jguery til 3.5.1 (Default for finesse 12.6.1) as i should.

This is my js code(that has been working for years) :

setUserStateReady: function () {
            user.setState(states.READY);
        },
setUserStateNotReady: function () {
            user.setState(states.NOT_READY);
        },

Has anyone seen this. ??

Have can the agent be Unauthorized when they are logged into finesse (And the dropdown statechange works)

The setup is with SSO

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.
1 Reply 1

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Interesting. Recently, someone else was saying that the REST API was giving a 401 on PCCE 12.6 as well here: https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/pcce-12-6-login-by-name-via-finesse-api-does-not-work/m-p/4546576#M12686 But, these are the first time I've been hearing this.

But, the fact that you are doing this in a Finesse gadget using the Finesse JS makes it even more interesting because it piggybacks on the Finesse desktop session which you stated is still working. The code you have provided is very simple and straightforward so I don't see any issues. The Finesse gadgets from 11.5 are compatible with 12.6. (I'm very puzzled)

I know you said this is happening randomly for all agents, but is it reproducible? If so, can you reproduce the issue, send the client logs and grab the client logs, realm and webservices logs for the timestamp? if not, if you know a timestamp when this happened, can you gather the same logs? Then, send it to me (You can send it via a private message)

Also, can you send me your gadget code? (Same where you can send it via private message)

Thanx,

Denise