Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse 12 components?

In Fin12, there's a few mini-gadgets across the header called components.  The admin guide says that only Cisco-supplied objects are currently supported there, but I'm curious if there's been any movement on enabling 3rd party components?  I checked the sample code on GitHub, but didn't see anything.

Of course, I can create a gadget that inserts a DIV into the header but it's always nicer to play by the rules...

Thanks,

Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Per 12.6(1) documentation (https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/finesse/finesse_1261/admin/guide/cfin_b_1261-cisco-finesse-administration-guide/cfin_m_1261-manage-desktop-layout.html#concept_B34F12B69260CC1720CA429AF896ADF3), it states:

The <component> tag lists the components in the desktop layout. Currently, the layout validations prevent creating custom components. Hence, default components are allowed in the desktop layouts. The default desktop functionalities are currently registered as components to provide flexibility and to reduce the load on the server.

So, it looks like 3rd party components are still not supported.

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Per 12.6(1) documentation (https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/finesse/finesse_1261/admin/guide/cfin_b_1261-cisco-finesse-administration-guide/cfin_m_1261-manage-desktop-layout.html#concept_B34F12B69260CC1720CA429AF896ADF3), it states:

The <component> tag lists the components in the desktop layout. Currently, the layout validations prevent creating custom components. Hence, default components are allowed in the desktop layouts. The default desktop functionalities are currently registered as components to provide flexibility and to reduce the load on the server.

So, it looks like 3rd party components are still not supported.

Thanx,

Denise

Thank you, Denise. We'll keep our fingers crossed!