Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse agent always on ready mode

experts,

we are in situation that agents are not sitting all time to pick up & have to work on something else.

When they are not answering call, Finesse agent, will be forced to "not ready " state.  And when she come back to desk, she forgot to put in "ready" state.

How to make Finesse agent always in ready state ?     or what is workaround ?  PC level or any trick that can solve this?

tks,

K

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Moaazahmad
Level 1
Level 1

I would not do that as you would be creating essentially a loop and will keep the call ringing to that agent even if they are not at the desk, the caller should either go into a queue or get forwarded to somewhere else if no agents are available - perhaps voicemail or another team. I would advise agents on their "readiness" state - it is their job to remember to be ready. 

View solution in original post

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When they are not answering call, Finesse agent, will be forced to "not ready " state.

With this you mean:

1) System is automatically putting agents into Not Ready. If that is true then this must be happening if calls are getting Ring No Answer. This behavior can be changed by going into UCCX Administration >> System >> System Parameters and change the Agent State after Ring No Answer to Ready and that way Finesse will always go back to Ready if any call goes Ring No answer for the agent

2) If agents are putting themselves into Not Ready manually and you want there should be some mechanism to change it to Ready, then unfortunately there is nothing on Finesse we can do to achieve this. The only option is that supervisor can change the agent state to Ready from Finesse Supervisor Desktop for the required agent and that's it.

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Moaazahmad
Level 1
Level 1

I would not do that as you would be creating essentially a loop and will keep the call ringing to that agent even if they are not at the desk, the caller should either go into a queue or get forwarded to somewhere else if no agents are available - perhaps voicemail or another team. I would advise agents on their "readiness" state - it is their job to remember to be ready. 

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When they are not answering call, Finesse agent, will be forced to "not ready " state.

With this you mean:

1) System is automatically putting agents into Not Ready. If that is true then this must be happening if calls are getting Ring No Answer. This behavior can be changed by going into UCCX Administration >> System >> System Parameters and change the Agent State after Ring No Answer to Ready and that way Finesse will always go back to Ready if any call goes Ring No answer for the agent

2) If agents are putting themselves into Not Ready manually and you want there should be some mechanism to change it to Ready, then unfortunately there is nothing on Finesse we can do to achieve this. The only option is that supervisor can change the agent state to Ready from Finesse Supervisor Desktop for the required agent and that's it.

Regards

Deepak

System is automatically putting agents into Not Ready. If that is true then this must be happening if calls are getting Ring No Answer. This behavior can be changed by going into UCCX Administration >> System >> System Parameters and change the Agent State after Ring No Answer to Ready and that way Finesse will always go back to Ready if any call goes Ring No answer for the agent

----->we only want some agent, not all agent.   Doing thru "system parameter" will cause all agents

Your understanding is correct, that is a global parameter and will effect all the agents. The only way left now is to ask the supervisor to monitor the agents and set the required ones to Ready whenever required.

Regards

Deepak

Make a gadget that puts the agent back in ready state after an reserveved ( If you not will change it for all agents)

var currentState = user.getState();
oldState = newState;
newState = currentState;
ronaDelay = 30;

if (ronaDelay != 0) {
if (oldState === "RESERVED" && newState === "NOT_READY") {
        setTimeout(function () {
                user.setState(states.READY);
                 }, ronaDelay * 1000);
            }
       }
Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.

Hey All,

I wanted to jump on board and explain my similar situation and see if you guys may have a solution you can suggest.

My company has a call center in which we typically have 3-5 guys that act as agents. We log into the Cisco Finesse each morning and place ourselves in a ready state. The incoming service queue calls are prioritized first by area code, then the next available in line would receive the call if the first agent isn't available. In addition to our agent line, we also have a secondary main phone line which is the direct line to our phone from the outside. Our service techs call in on this direct line all the time. This is also the default line we use for making outgoing calls (calling service techs, customer's back, etc.).

In the past, we had an Avaya system in place in which we had one line. We could easily login on the phone directly which would put us in a similar ready state as Finesse. This system only had one line it used.  Now the Avaya would behave quite differently when it came to phone calls.  When we picked an incoming call from the queue, a direct call or made an outgoing call, the system would no longer try and send us new queue calls or consider us ready.  We would still be considered logged in though just on the phone.

Here is the problem we are having with Cisco. Let's just say I'm in a ready status ready to receive a call. If I take a queue call, the Finesse status will change to talking.  The system will no longer send me queue calls since it knows I'm on the phone.  Now if I accept an incoming call or make an outgoing call on my secondary line, then the system will still show me in a ready state and try to send me a call from the queue. The problem is I'm on the phone and so I can't answer the call, the system will then set my status as not ready.  Sometimes I don't even know this has happened.  Our I.T. dept. suggested that we use the queue number to make outgoing calls. If we use that line IT WILL set our status to not ready and then back to ready when we hang up.  This is good, but it still doesn't register us in the Finesse system as talking.  So let's just say the company runs a report to see who is logging in and who isn't.  This information will never be accurate because of outgoing calls on my other extension.  One of the benifits of the Cisco system is the ability to run reports. I can't see how these reports would be accurate. Our problem right now is that we have 1individual that is complaining he is taking lots of calls. Part of the problem is people purposely logging out due to being busy. The other problem is the system logging us out when our intention is to be logged in.

1. What would be a good way to individuals logged back in when Cisco logs them out?

2. Is there a way for Cisco to monitor both lines so that your status would change to say a non-ready status like talking while on the phone on either line? 

3. If #2 is not possible, how can the reports on a Cisco finesse system be accurate?

Best Regards,

~Craig

Talking is reserved for ACD calls, not direct calls, so that kind of makes sense. You can go down to one line, which is the historical way we do it in Cisco. Now in UCCX 11.6(2) we can have that non-ACD line, for non-ACD calls, and the state of the Agent changes automatically.

Agent Not Ready State when Non-ACD Line is Busy
This feature enables the agent's state to change from Ready to Not Ready when the monitored Non-ACD lines are used for incoming or outgoing calls. This feature can be enabled from the System Parameters.

The agent is moved to Ready after the call on the Non-ACD line is ended.

This is not applicable if the Non ACD lines are shared lines.

Source: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_11_6/release/guide/uccx_b_release-notes-for-uccx-116/uccx_b_release-notes-for-uccx-116_chapter_01.html#topic_2888923101A5A5C5C14C92A1B0912F55

Hi, bumping an old thread as I have this requirement as well. Can someone share an example of how to do this? I have been modifying the ScreenPop finesse sample, but can't get it working.

Did you have this working in your environment? If yes, please share a working sample.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: