cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse Agent doesn't go to Talking State

AnthonySMillsIT
Level 1
Level 1

I have users that were wanting to be able to use Jabber to answer phone calls without having to be tied to a desk phone. But they need to have the ability to log into desk phones as well so in order to do this I tied their Finesse login to Jabber and then created Device Profiles to allow them to be able to sign into the desk phones as well. This works fine other than the fact that when they answer a call on their desk phone they do not ever go to Talking status in UCCX so they still get calls in Jabber. Is there a way to keep this from happening and when they answer the phone on the desk phone their status would go to Talking to keep from getting another phone call?

3 Replies 3

Is this the same issue you were facing in this post below? Wasn't it that this isn't supported by Cisco as far as having multiple devices tied to it like Anthony noted, or is that resolved/something different here?

https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/finesse-without-desk-phone/m-p/4141177

It's not the same issue. I was able to get that resolved. Both devices work the only thing that is not working is that the desk phone does not put the agent into Talking state.

Right, but if you use just a regular desk phone (no tie to Jabber, just a regular configuration), does it work as expected?

They typically say they want all call control done via the Finesse desktop and not the phone itself, but this way you'd know if (rightly or wrongly) it is tied to this unique setup you have, vs. it impacts any user.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: