Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse and Call Waiting

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Experts,

We have normal calls and Emergency calls. 

An agent answers a normal call and an emergency call arrives. We need to be able to put the normal call on hold and answer the emergency call. 

I know we can use the priority queue for the emergency calls but let's say there's only one agent available and is answering a normal call. We need to be able to put the normal call on hold and answer the emergency call. Is there a way to accomplish this request? 

UCCX 12.5

Finesse 12.5

Thanks,

MK

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey

We have actually made this for one of my customer

The Emergency queue logs all calls in a external database. When a E-call arrives it writes it to the database. Then we have a listener on the database that sends a message to the agents Finesse that shows a PopUp (Modal box - Custom gadget), saying that there is a E-Call waiting, and with the possibility to answer that call via a button. If the agent answers that call, it sends the existing calls to a holding queue (Where the customer is beeing told that they are on hold), puts the agent ready and sends the E-Call to the agent.

When the E-Call is finish, the agents get the "old" again.

Hope it make sense

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

grebac.2ring
Level 5
Level 5

Hello, 2Ring Gadgets do this for many UCCX customers by utilizing a call picking (call parking) app for Cisco Finesse. If you would like to schedule a demo/Q&A session, please do so at https://www.2Ring.com/Gadgets Thank you. Michal - if you are at Cisco Live! this week, you can also see this live in the Cisco Collaboration Village - we have a booth there.

As a low cost solution, how about you send an email to a distribution list when a VIP arrives. Then have one agent go back to ready and since the call is at higher priority then it will arrive to that agent.

david

Thanks guys for replying. 

@grebac.2ring I will discuss the solution with the management.

@david.macias  We are assuming that there's no other agents available. The single available agent in on call with a no priority call and need to put the caller on hold to answer the priority call.

I was thinking of adding a second line for each agent and send the emergency calls to the second line. The agent see's a call arrives on the second line and puts the first call on hold and answers the second line. But this cannot be done with Finesse. The second line needs to be answered by the phone itself and we wont have any CUIC report on these priority calls.

Thanks,

MK

Yeah that would not work, you would need to transfer the non-priority call to some call park and then go back to ready. You can then repor on the VIP call, but you’ll lose reporting on the first call when you retrieve it. This is not very good really, the experience and reporting is going to be poor.

david

Hey

We have actually made this for one of my customer

The Emergency queue logs all calls in a external database. When a E-call arrives it writes it to the database. Then we have a listener on the database that sends a message to the agents Finesse that shows a PopUp (Modal box - Custom gadget), saying that there is a E-Call waiting, and with the possibility to answer that call via a button. If the agent answers that call, it sends the existing calls to a holding queue (Where the customer is beeing told that they are on hold), puts the agent ready and sends the E-Call to the agent.

When the E-Call is finish, the agents get the "old" again.

Hope it make sense

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.

This is a lovely solution, thanks for posting it.

david

Thank you Thomas,

Would you happen to have an example script that I can ajust to our environment?

Thanks,

MK

Andreas Stuber
Level 4
Level 4

Hello, we provide a solution for this scenario with https://www.expertflow.com/call-parking/