Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse API Phonebook Contact ID query

mrkeithadams
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've made a gadget to edit phonebooks and when I 'PUT' the xml to the phonebook the Contact ID is incremented.  If I pass this value to edit a name it is ignored. If I edit the phonebook from usual Finesse admin the ID stays the same.  Here is the URI of the xml i'm referring to and just with testing I'm up to 71 already.

<uri>/finesse/api/PhoneBook/1/Contact/71</uri>

I just wanted to check is this expected or am I supposed to be doing something to keep this number?  I'm worried at some point it will reach a limit and stop.

Thanks

Keith

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Denise,

Thanks for taking the time to look at this, apologies for the lack of detail! 

I'm using UCCX 12.5 and the standard Finesse agent.

I'm making a 'PUT' request with a Finesse Gadget to Import a Contact List (XML) much like here in the guide

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/finesse/#!phonebookimport-contact-list-xml/phonebookimport-contact-list-xml

To test this I am using Postman to send a PUT method authorised as an admin to the following URL.

https://uccx:8445/finesse/api/PhoneBook/1/Contacts 

Some example data I am sending is

<Contacts>
<Contact>
<description>test description</description>
<firstName>Agent1</firstName>
<lastName>Agent One</lastName>
<phoneNumber>7001</phoneNumber>
</Contact>
</Contacts>

Everything works fine and the guide linked above states the import will replace all of the contacts in the phonebook. I'm sure this is not an issue but I was just curious why the Contact id which is in the URI just keeps getting higher and am I setting myself up for an issue at some point in the distant future or will it at some point just start again at 1?

EDIT: A colleague has just pointed out to me there is a "Contact" API and I'm using the "Phonebook" API.  I'm doing an import instead of an update so this will solve my problem of the IDs increasing.

Thanks again

Keith

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Can you be more specific on what you are trying to edit in the phonebook when the contact Id is incremented? It would be great if you can list out the scenario in detail so that I can try to reproduce this. Also, what version of Finesse are you using and is this a CCE or CCX deployment?

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

Thanks for taking the time to look at this, apologies for the lack of detail! 

I'm using UCCX 12.5 and the standard Finesse agent.

I'm making a 'PUT' request with a Finesse Gadget to Import a Contact List (XML) much like here in the guide

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/finesse/#!phonebookimport-contact-list-xml/phonebookimport-contact-list-xml

To test this I am using Postman to send a PUT method authorised as an admin to the following URL.

https://uccx:8445/finesse/api/PhoneBook/1/Contacts 

Some example data I am sending is

<Contacts>
<Contact>
<description>test description</description>
<firstName>Agent1</firstName>
<lastName>Agent One</lastName>
<phoneNumber>7001</phoneNumber>
</Contact>
</Contacts>

Everything works fine and the guide linked above states the import will replace all of the contacts in the phonebook. I'm sure this is not an issue but I was just curious why the Contact id which is in the URI just keeps getting higher and am I setting myself up for an issue at some point in the distant future or will it at some point just start again at 1?

EDIT: A colleague has just pointed out to me there is a "Contact" API and I'm using the "Phonebook" API.  I'm doing an import instead of an update so this will solve my problem of the IDs increasing.

Thanks again

Keith

Hi,

I'm glad you were able to solve your issue. Let me know if you have any additional issues.

Thanx,

Denise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: