Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse API to get exactly which service is Down

upchaurasia
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

Apart from SystemInfo, is there any other API which can tell us extactly which service is down out of below 3-

- Cisco Tomcat

- Cisco Finesse Notification Service

- ICM Agent PG (CTI PG)

Thanks & Regards,

Umesh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

No there isn't. Do you mean the Cisco Finesse Tomcat though? Finesse has its own instance of Tomcat and doesn't use the Cisco Tomcat. For Cisco Finesse Tomcat, if it is down, the Finesse webservice will be down and therefore non of the APIs will work.

For the Cisco Finesse Notification Service, there isn't an API specifically for it. I know you said "apart from the SystemInfo" so maybe you already know, but just in case you didn't, the SystemInfo has a statusReason which will state which connection is down:

Untitled 2.png

For the PG, I couldn't find any APIs in UCCE. If there is, it won't be a Finesse API. Just like the notification service, it will be listed as a statusReason if it is down.

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

No there isn't. Do you mean the Cisco Finesse Tomcat though? Finesse has its own instance of Tomcat and doesn't use the Cisco Tomcat. For Cisco Finesse Tomcat, if it is down, the Finesse webservice will be down and therefore non of the APIs will work.

For the Cisco Finesse Notification Service, there isn't an API specifically for it. I know you said "apart from the SystemInfo" so maybe you already know, but just in case you didn't, the SystemInfo has a statusReason which will state which connection is down:

Untitled 2.png

For the PG, I couldn't find any APIs in UCCE. If there is, it won't be a Finesse API. Just like the notification service, it will be listed as a statusReason if it is down.

Thanx,

Denise

Thanks Denise.

Yes it's Cisco Finesse Tomcat. I was working with Finesse version 10.5.

I can see in Finesse 11.6 document, response of SystemInfo has statusReason -

<SystemInfo>
<deploymentType>UCCE<deploymentType>
<peripheralId>5001</peripheralId>
<license></license>
<currentTimeStamp>2014-01-27T13:07:08.687Z</currentTimeStamp>
<status>IN_SERVICE</status>
<statusReason></statusReason>
<timezoneOffset>300</timezoneOffset>
<xmppDomain>xmppserver.xyz.com</xmppDomain>
<xmppPubSubDomain>pubsub.xmppserver.xyz.com</xmppPubSubDomain>
<primaryNode>
<host>10.1.1.1</host>
</primaryNode>
<secondaryNode>
<host>10.1.1.2</host>
</secondaryNode>
</SystemInfo>

Thanks & Regards,

Umesh

Hi,

Ah, you are on 10.5. Yeah, then there isn't any way to know unfortunately...

Thanx,

Denise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: