cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse CallType issue during conference between Agents logged in to different Agent PGs

lee yongbeom
Level 1
Level 1

Agent2 works like answering Inbound Call.
Why does Agent2 not receive CONSULT and CONFERENCE CallType during conference between Agents logged in to different PGs?

[call flow]
Customer Inbound Call -> Agent 1 Conference Call -> Agent 2

[Confernce call in the same PG]
Agent2 receives CONSULT and CONFERENCE CallType in the finesse

[Confernce call in the different PG]
Agent2 receives PREROUTE_ACD_IN CallType in the finesse

9 Replies 9

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Finesse gets the call type values and events from CCE. The behavior that you see is how CCE handles conference calls between different PGs. You can verify this by looking at the CTI events that Finesse receives from CCE in the Finesse webservices logs.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

Is there a way Agent2 can recognize it as a conference call?

Thanks.

Hi,

I don't have a setup that has different PGs, but my assumption is that the number of participants will be more than 2, so you can assume it is a conference call. You can verify that with the dialog event you are getting.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi, Denise

Thank you for your reply.
I need a CONSULT and CONFERENCE event that occurs on Agent2 when I have a conference with Agent2.
But Agent2 occurs only once for the PREROUTE_ACD_IN event.
I wonder if it works like this in different PGs.

Thanks

Lee

Hi,

Like I said, I don't have a setup with different PGs, so I cannot give you an answer. One thing about Finesse is that you cannot expect a particular event/order/type in your code or else you will run into a lot of issues. The concept that Finesse goes with is that the UI is supposed to display whatever information is given to it, blindly. That is the way the Finesse out of the box desktop handles calls.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi, Denise

Could you ask BU?
It seems to be a very big issue in custom applications coded using the Finesse API.

Thanks.

Lee

Hi,

I just messaged the BU, but they are on holiday. I will update you when I get a response.

Thanx,

Denise

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. I just got a response from the BU.

I got a confirmation that this behavior is by design.

"When an Agent in a different PG is getting a consult conference call, that PG does not know anything about the conference. For that PG, it's just another incoming call."

Thanx,

Denise

Hi, Denise

Thank you very much for your answer.

Regards,

Lee

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: