cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse desktop error - Request to Server returned Unauthorized

mmoulson1
Level 4
Level 4

I'm getting the below error when agents sign into Finesse desktop.

UCCX version 11.0.1.

Not really sure where to look as it's not a very helpful error! It's a new install of Finesse so fairly vanilla setup.

Thanks in advance.

Matty

8 Replies 8

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you using Default finesse XML layout or a modified one (looks to me as a modifed). In case, you are using a modified one then switch to the default from Finesse Administration and then try.

It should actually try to to open a Live Data Report if using default layout unless you have a different layout there.

Regards

Deepak

- Rate Helpful Posts -

Hi Deepak,

The layout has not been changed as far as I know! However I went in and did the 'restore default layout' I closed the agent browser and logged on again but I am still facing the above error.

When I first login it does say "Checking for connectivity...." for a few seconds then changed to the above error.

Thanks

Matty

Are you able to login into CUIC with this particular user and can run the Live Data Reports. If you are available for a quick webex, then join the below link:

https://ciscosupport.webex.com/join/derawat

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak,

I've assigned the user the user the "reporting capabilities view" in UCCX and the reports are now displaying when the user logs into Finesse.

So do I need to give this capability to all my users or edit the Finesse layout to remove the reports?

Many thanks for your help.

Matty

Matty,

By default, agents should have access to the Live Data Reports and you do not need to assign the reporting capabilities to the agents for that. However, if you are fetching Stock Reports inside finesse Agent Desktop then definitely you will need to give them Reporting Capabilities which I believe is the case .

Would you mind telling the name of Report that now shows up in Finesse Agent Desktop so that I can tell if it is indeed a stock report or a Live Data Report. Also, it is up to you if you want to keep the reports there or remove them. If you want to keep them, then yes you will need to give reporting rights to the agents else you can remove it from the XML completely.

Regards

Deepak

- Rate Helpful Posts -

Hi Deepak,

It's just the out of the box configuration for v11.

Here are the 2 reports it is trying to display:

Thanks

Matty

These are the two normal Live Data Reports and not the stock one. Very strange, let me check this on my lab since 11 is a new version and we never know what is missing and what had been added.

BTW, does it break if you remove the reporting capabilities from the agent. Also, share the XML layout that you are using there. I hope you are not overriding the default layout at the Team level inside Finesse Administration

Regards

Deepak

OK so I removed the reporting capability from the user. Logged off and on again. Reports are still working.

Added another test user who had not been on UCCX previously. Login as them and the reports work for them as well!

Very strange as they were clearly broken in the beginning as you can see from my error!

I have attached my xml as requested.

Matty

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: