Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse - Display a tab on new call

Olivier Viennot
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm new in Java Script development. I just integrate the screenpop gadget in a new tab and everything is working. I just want to switch on tjhis tab when a event ringing occurs (ie when the agent is in reserved state). I suppose it's not to difficult to implement this feature but how to do this ?

Thanks in advance

Olivier

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Olivier,

You can use the activateMyTab method from the Finesse JavaScript Library (containerServices.activateMyTab();). When trying it out, I did noticed that the workflow screen pop sample has a typo that is throwing an error.

In the _handleWorkflowActionEvent function, _activatetab(j); needs to be _activateTab(j); (with a capital T).

Since you want to do this when the agent is in reserved state, you need to instantiate the user and add the activateMyTab in the onChange handler when the state is RESERVED. Take a look at the Learning Sample Gadget on how to instantiate the user and have the right handler.

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Olivier,

You can use the activateMyTab method from the Finesse JavaScript Library (containerServices.activateMyTab();). When trying it out, I did noticed that the workflow screen pop sample has a typo that is throwing an error.

In the _handleWorkflowActionEvent function, _activatetab(j); needs to be _activateTab(j); (with a capital T).

Since you want to do this when the agent is in reserved state, you need to instantiate the user and add the activateMyTab in the onChange handler when the state is RESERVED. Take a look at the Learning Sample Gadget on how to instantiate the user and have the right handler.

Thanx,

Denise

nigel.willis1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a similar problem and I have used the solution. The difference is that I am calling the tab section from a callback function triggered from a toaster pop up. The toaster works and the function is called when I click on the toaster window but the tab selection does not work in Chrome. It does however work in Firefox. Unfortunately my customer need it to work in Chrome. I looked at the call control source and it has a comment to say this was a recognised problem in Chrome. Their workaround was to add window.focus() to the called function before calling the tab selection. However this doesn't work for me. Any ideas?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: