Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse ECC Variable

Ahmed Adeyemi
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I need to create an ECC variable that whenever the agent receives a call, it will retrieve information (Group ID) from a 3rd party integrated software located on another server with address http://10.10.10.2/test..

Call Comes in--> ECC Variable (GETS a HTTP request from 10.10.10.2 and Displays the response 120). In this case, the Group ID is 120

I've created the ECC variable on finesse admin now i'm trying to figure out how to get the information populating once the call is answered.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ewindgat
Level 5
Level 5

It seems your first goal is to call a third party API from Finesse.

The makeRequest method in the Finesse JavaScript library was created to do just that. There is a Sample Gadget called Web Service Sample Gadget that illustrates how to call a third party API.

gadgets.io.makeRequest(encodeURI("//10.10.10.2 or another location") + url, handler, params);

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

ewindgat
Level 5
Level 5

It seems your first goal is to call a third party API from Finesse.

The makeRequest method in the Finesse JavaScript library was created to do just that. There is a Sample Gadget called Web Service Sample Gadget that illustrates how to call a third party API.

gadgets.io.makeRequest(encodeURI("//10.10.10.2 or another location") + url, handler, params);

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: