Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse for app integration ONLY

My costumer is using an Avaya CC and CUCM for employees. I tried to position Cisco Contact Center with a demo with not success because of the cost, but the costumer was interesting on finesse, although finesse cannot be integrate to a 3rd party CC, finesse call my costumer eye because it integrates all the applications needed for the agents.

Therefore, I am not sure if it could be possible to use finesse only for application management in one pane of glass without the activity of an agent or call control.

Can somebody know if this is possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Finesse is not special in that way. If you simply want the container system, then it's built on OpenSocial Gadgets, and you can do it yourself without Finesse.

See this article on how to get started writing your own.

https://developers.google.com/gadgets/docs/basic

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Mark Swanson
Level 4
Level 4

If I understand your question correctly, you want to...

- Continue to answer inbound ACD calls via Avaya Aura Agent Desktop, but

- You want the ability to, somehow, sync these call events between multiple applications (i.e. Aura and Finesse) so agents can utilize the embedded applications and browsers offered by Cisco Finesse?

Does that sound correct?

If so, my advice would be 1) migrate over to Cisco, or 2) contact Avaya and request these features.

Granted, requesting new features from a vendor is likely going to take awhile but that's assuming, Avaya doesn't have a similar solution already scheduled to roll out.

Honestly, you might want to post this question for the UCCX Developers at https://developer.cisco.com/site/contact-center-express/

You're likely going to get the same response, or the runaround but good luck.

Hi Mark.

Thanks.

No, my costumer does not want to use finesse for Avaya integration, He want to use it for the integration of all the applications used by the agents to manage the most of the application in the finesse console.

Regards.

Honestly, I don't think Cisco TAC or Developers would be very helpful with this. You're not a licensed user. You basically want to use something for free. This multi-vendor application sounds like a very complicated solution. Tell me... how do you envision these systems (i.e. Avaya and UCCE/UCCX) and applications (i.e. Aura Desktop and Cisco Finesse) interacting with each other?

If they don't interact with each other, then I would strongly recommend reaching out to a web developer. They could develop a webpage that integrates applications, resources, etc. into a user friendly interface - somewhat like Cisco Finesse.

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Finesse is not special in that way. If you simply want the container system, then it's built on OpenSocial Gadgets, and you can do it yourself without Finesse.

See this article on how to get started writing your own.

https://developers.google.com/gadgets/docs/basic

Hi guy.

Thank you very much, totally agree, is better to develop a solution in software development area, I just wanted to confirm just to clarify the point to our Customer an AM.

Best regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: