Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse Force Logout

We have logged on Agent desktop , By mistaken I have closed Browser .

After close the browser we want to know the Agent state should force logout after 60 to 120 sec . In my case I have closed my Finesse login windows and after 1 hour also that agent is showing as Ready state .

We are using IE 11 and Finesse 11.0.1 

Ram.

Regards,
Ram.S
10 Replies 10

Sasikumar Divvela
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assuming you are using UCCE. Did you set non-activity timer in Agent desk setting.

Hi Sasi ,

We are using UCCE , Agent desk settings we make it as Blank . because Call center is running by 24/7 . Some Agents will continue two shifts for without logout .

Ram.S 

Regards,
Ram.S

Other than Agent desk settings, i don't think any other way you can force logout agent in this scenario. You can create different ADS for different agents.

Hi All,

Thanks for your input . Here what we did is  during ICM fault tolerance

We logged in Agent 1 & 2  using the different Desktops. 

Now we stopped Router –A , then we are able to receive the calls and able to change the Agent states

Now we stopped Router – B also . still the connected call is alive but we are not able to change the Agent state .

After few minutes we have started the Router services on A & B . now for the new agents we were able login and change the state , but the existing Agents state not able to change .

Even we refresh the page , and close the reopen the Finesse login page . When we are using the same ID and Password for existing Agents still we are getting the existing login mode and Time duration .

Sometimes after 4 minutes we are able to change the Agent state , but sometimes we are not able to change the Agent state .

For this scenario how to force logout the existing Agents or how to resume the normal  operation task for Agent desktop.

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S

After routers came back, when you are trying to change the agent state are you seeing any error on agent desktop or in ctisvr logs. 

Hi Sasi ,

Release 10.0(1) and above  LOAD is deprecated. 

Desktop Behavior

As per finesse guide ..

When you close the browser or navigate away from the Finesse desktop, the Finesse desktop makes a best-effort attempt to notify the server.

Server Action :

1. Finesse receives a presence notification of Unavailable from the client. Finesse waits
60 seconds, and then sends a forced logout request to the CTI server.

2 If the browser crashes, it can take the Finesse server up to 120 seconds to detect that the client is gone and send a presence notification to Finesse. A situation can occur where the client signs in to the secondary Finesse server before the primary Finesse server receives the presence notification caused by the browser crash. In this case, the agent may be signed out or put into Not Ready state on the secondary Finesse server.

After both the routers stopped , login agents should logout right  ?

in this case why its not happening .

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S

Actually, LOAD has not been deprecated, it is back to being supported, take a look at the release notes in UCCE version 11 for instance where this is called out.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_11_0_1/Release/Guide/UCCE_BK_R253EDF0_00_release-notes-for-ucce-solution/UCCE_BK_R253EDF0_00_release-notes-for-ucce-solution_chapter_01.html?bookSearch=true

Yeah there's really no good way to do this. Ultimately, the agents need to be trained to not perform that action.

david

You can use the LOAD /1 configuration parameter on the PG setting and this will do what I think you're looking to do (get an agent completely logged out of UCCE after they improperly close the browser and not log out the correct method).

Yes, you can achieve this by using the LOAD /1 in the configuration parameter on your Agent PG setting in PG explorer. But before doing this configuration, you need to check whether you are using Mobile agent and CAD in your environment as this configuration has some issue if you use Mobile agent and CAD. Please find the link below.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Mobile_Agent:_Calls_in_progress_are_lost_if_/LOAD_1_is_used_with_Mobile_Agent_and_CAD

Regards,

Sathish