cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse Gadget API failures

abailey5430
Level 1
Level 1

Making a gadget that makes a REST API call to an endpoint using the POST method. The initial call succeeds, however, it then seems to call some other function to refresh the gadget pane. This secondary call (makeXhrRequest()) tries to place params that I'm setting in the initial POST call into a finesse URL, which causes a "Missing or Malformed URL" error.

My custom functions are below, but it seems there is some secondary function call built into gadgets.io.makeRequest. I don't have further information right now. Is anyone familiar with gadgets.io.makeRequest?

postMetadata : function (loanIDManual, ct1, ct2, ct3, notes) {

var url = "http://<customEndpoint>/";
var loginName = user.getData().loginName;

clientLogs.log("loanIDManual = " + loanIDManual);
clientLogs.log("ct1 = " + ct1);
clientLogs.log("ct2 = " + ct2);
clientLogs.log("ct3 = " + ct3);
var contentBody = {
"acdServerId": "6",
"loginName": loginName,
"metadata": [
{
"name": "LoanIDManual",
"value": loanIDManual
},
{
"name": "call-outcome-l-1-key",
"value": ct1
},
{
"name": "call-outcome-l-2-key",
"value": ct2
},
{
"name": "call-outcome-l-3-key",
"value": ct3
},
{
"name":"notes-key",
"value": notes
}
]
};

clientLogs.log("Posting metadata to " + url);
clientLogs.log("Using " + contentBody);

makeRequest(url, {
method: 'POST',
contentType: "application/json",
content: JSON.stringify(contentBody, null, 4),
}, {
success: handleResponseSuccess,
error: handleResponseError,
});
clientLogs.log("postMetadata() complete.");
},

makeRequest = function (url, options, handlers) {
var params,
clientLogs.log("makeRequest()");
clientLogs.log("Header = " + options.contentType);

// Protect against null de-referencing of options & handlers allowing its (nonexistent) keys to be read as undefined
params = {};
options = options || {};
handlers.success = _util.validateHandler(handlers.success);
handlers.error = _util.validateHandler(handlers.error);

// Request Headers
params[gadgets.io.RequestParameters.HEADERS] = {"CUSTOM-KEY":"ROLE_USER"}
params[gadgets.io.RequestParameters.HEADERS] = {"Content-Type":"application/json"};

// HTTP method is a passthrough to gadgets.io.makeRequest
params[gadgets.io.RequestParameters.METHOD] = options.method;

if (options.method === "GET") {
// Disable caching for GETs
if (url.indexOf("?") > -1) {
url += "&";
} else {
url += "?";
}
url += "nocache=" + _util.currentTimeMillis();
}

// Add content type & body if content body is provided
if (options.content) {

// Content

params[gadgets.io.RequestParameters.POST_DATA] = options.content;

}

// Call the gadgets.io.makerequest function with the encoded url
clientLogs.log("makeRequest(): Making a REST API request to: " + url);
gadgets.io.makeRequest(encodeURI(url), handleResponse(handlers), params);
clientLogs.log("makeRequest() complete.");
},

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Denise,

I got this sorted out. I am no kind of html dev, so forgive my dodgy explanation here:

I added type=button to my submit button, and that fixed the issue. Seems like without the button "type" information, Finesse wasn't sure what to do, and tried to use a sort of default behavior, which was the problem I described earlier.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Quigath
Spotlight
Spotlight

Can you do a capture on the outgoing URL to see what the exact url it's trying looks like?

My makeRequest looks like this:

gadgets.io.makeRequest(encodeURI(url), handleResponse(handlers), params);

Quigath,

Sorry for the delay here, been a bit crazy. My makeRequest is identical to yours. The outgoing URL is fine, insofar as the request I'm trying to make succeeds, it's just that it seems the gadget tries to refresh by fetching from a URL the does not exist. Here is some more information:

makeRequest Headers tab:
url: http://<EndPoint Address>:8080/api/cc-admin/v1/recordingcontrols/metadata
httpMethod: POST
headers: Content-Type=application%2Fjson&ShindigAuthorization=Basic%20MzAwMzAwMzg5NTphYmNkMTIzNA%3D%3D
postData: {
"acdServerId": "6",
"loginName": "cscoloansales",
"metadata": [
{
"name": "LoanIDManual",
"value": "23"
},
{
"name": "call-outcome-l-1-key",
"value": "Prelist"
},
{
"name": "call-outcome-l-2-key",
"value": "How it works"
},
{
"name": "call-outcome-l-3-key",
"value": "Safety/Privacy"
},
{
"name": "notes-key",
"value": "testtest"
}
]
}

Next line in network logs;
Request URL: https://<Finesse Server>:8445/gadgets/ifr?loanIDManual=23&ct1=Prelist&ct2=How+it+works&ct3=Safety%2FPrivacy&loanIDManual=testtest
Request Method: GET

Notice above that Finesse is taking the parameters from the body of my makeRequest, and putting them into a Finesse URL, then trying to get something from the URL it just made up.

For good measure, here is the form and function call from the xml:

<div id="dialog-confirm" title=titleStr>
<form id="catForm" onload="init_CT1('MS');" " method="POST">
<table width="500px" columns="2" margin="2px" border="0">
<tr>
<td><input name="loanIDManual" id="loanIDManual" type="text" placeholder="LoanIDManual" /td>
<td align="right"> Case Type:</td>
<td><select name="ct1" id="ct1" onChange="changect2(this.value);" >
<option value="" disabled selected>Select</option>
</select></td>
<td align="right">Sub Type:</td>
<td> <select name="ct2" id="ct2" onChange="changect3(this.value);">
</select> </td>
<td> <select name="ct3" id="ct3";">
</select> <br>
<div id="ct3sample"></div>
</td>
<td><input name="loanIDManual" id="notes" type="text" placeholder="Notes" /td>
</tr>
<tr>
<button onclick="finesse.modules.calltype.postMetadata(document.getElementById('loanIDManual').value,document.getElementById('ct1').value,document.getElementById('ct2').value,document.getElementById('ct3').value,document.getElementById('notes').value)">Submit</button>

</tr>
</table>

Strange. I haven't seen this before. Is it possible to see if this is reproducible with a different REST API?

Thanx,

Denise

Denise,

I got this sorted out. I am no kind of html dev, so forgive my dodgy explanation here:

I added type=button to my submit button, and that fixed the issue. Seems like without the button "type" information, Finesse wasn't sure what to do, and tried to use a sort of default behavior, which was the problem I described earlier.

Hi,

We're facing similar issue (pls see https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/jquery-event-handlers-in-finesse-gadgets/m-p/3840053/highlight/true#M9809 for simplest possible gadget we re-procuded the issue with). I first though it was related to jQuery event handler, but we have also re-produced it without single line of jQuery. 

And in our case, the gadget code does it's job, but right after that, the browser calls that https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/gadgets/ifr? URL and that call fails with HTTP 400 and error message is rendered in the gadget,

Sorry, missed the comment on adding "type=button" above. I added that definition to my button element as well and indeed, the solved the issue ... cannot figure out why though.

I am going through the same thing now as you. I am configuring the "Tropo" SMS Finesse app, but I have modified it to my SMS provider "Twilio" and I am using PHP for the call to my SMS provider, so I have the ajax in it pointing to my PHP. Anyway, it uses the 'bootstrap' library for the submit button to send the SMS and I was getting the same exact 'malformed url' thing and I caught it in the Firefox browser debugs trying to do that same call, https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/gadgets/ifr? URL and that call fails with HTTP 400 and error message is rendered in the gadget, and I dont know what that is for. I did add the button type in the XML config for this gadget and I dont get that error anymore but it also doesnt do anything yet, still working on it, but was wondering what that failed call was for. Could it have something to do with 'iframe'? I dont know, Im really new to this bootstrap/jquery stuff.

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The code that you pasted looks correct for the make request. I agree that you should try to figure out what is the "Missing or Malformed URL". The gadget typically doesn't refresh on its own so could it be that your code is having the gadget refresh? Maybe it is calling a URL that shouldn't be called?

You'd have to dig deeper using the browser developer's tool to figure out what is wrong.

Thanx,

Denise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: