cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse Gadget button not showing during failover

smeegada1
Spotlight
Spotlight

I have created a button in Gadget to InitiateDirectTransfer logic which is working fine but when Agent is in TALKING status and Finesse failover from Primary to Secondary(Due to Internet connectivity issues after changing RED to GREEN banner on top) my Gadget is not showing Button even though agent status is still showing as TALKING and same code is deployed on both servers.

Do i need to trigger/handle any event logic in Gadget for Failover logic?

Any help is appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes. When the failover happens, the gadget is reloaded. Your logic to show the button is probably in a callback, but when the gadget is reloaded, that callback would not get invoked. You need to add the logic to the user load method for this failover scenario.

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes. When the failover happens, the gadget is reloaded. Your logic to show the button is probably in a callback, but when the gadget is reloaded, that callback would not get invoked. You need to add the logic to the user load method for this failover scenario.

Thanx,

Denise

Thanks Denise, changes you mentioned above did work in failover scenario perfectly but when agent close Finesse IE window while in TALKING state and re-login again with in a minute then agent is in TALKING status as expected but button is not showing. Do we have to handle this differently?

Hi,

It should be the same logic as the failover scenario so that is strange that it is working for that but not the closing of the browser. I'd suggest taking a look to see what is the agent's state in that section of code and see if it is indeed showing to be TALKING in this scenario. If so, why is it not going into the IF statement to display the button. Is it a timing issue?

Thanx,

Denise

Okay Denise, make sense let me spend sometime and test few more times.I have other questions so will start new thread.