cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse Host Name Change

jreitzes
Level 1
Level 1

We are going to need to move a Finesse server to a new building.  The IP address will stay the same, but the Host Name will need to change.  Is it possible to change the Host Name of the Finesse server without having to completely re-install the application (as we would have to do if the IP address changed)?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Senthil Kumar Sankar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Changing the finesse HostName or IP address or Domain is not supported till release 11.6. You will need to reinstall the application from beginning

Regards,

Senthil Kumar

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Senthil Kumar Sankar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Changing the finesse HostName or IP address or Domain is not supported till release 11.6. You will need to reinstall the application from beginning

Regards,

Senthil Kumar

Thanks Senthil!

I'm not finding where this is even possible with Finesse 11.6. The documentation for 11.6 still seems to say this is not possible. Is there any additional info available on how this can be done with 11.6? It certainly would be helpful for an 11.6 Tech Refresh upgrade. Thanks!

Hi Senthil,

is it possible to change IP address in Finesse 12.0.1? If yes where can I find a description for that?

Cheers,

Tobias

Tobias,

is it possible to change IP address in Finesse 12.0.1? If yes where can I find a description for that?

"You cannot change the IP address of a Finesse server after it is installed."

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/finesse/finesse_1201/Admin/guide/cfin_b_1201-administration-guide-release-1201/cfin_b_1201-administration-guide-release-1201_chapter_01.html

Regards,

Gerry

Hi Gerry! Thanks that's what I found as well but here is written till release 11.6. That's why I was asking...

Cheers,
Tobias