cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse Icon left navigation bar - format

simonbrinkmann
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to know what image-type is recommended for the icon in the left-side vertical menu in Finesse.

I follow the guide in Finesse Administration Guide for Finesse 12.0 ETF section "Customise Icons in Left Navigation Bar"
I use the <icon> tag and point to a .png file with transparent backgound with color mode "indexed" (created with GIMP)
It shows up fine in Firefox but does not show in IE11. If I just load the image path in IE the image is correctly displayed, so it's not that IE does not understand the format.
There is nothing in the manual about specs/recommandations for icons.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Simon

1 Reply 1

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

12.0 has officially been released and here is the latest guide: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/finesse/finesse_1201/Admin/guide/cfin_b_1201-administration-guide-release-1201/cfin_b_1201-administration-guide-release-1201_chapter_0100.html?bookSearch=true#task_468EF3...

Per this documentation, it states:

The file size that can be uploaded in the left navigation bar as custom icons is 25 pixels by 25 pixels. The maximum width of the tab title in the left navigation bar must be 80 pixels or less. The file types supported are .svg, .png, .gif, and .gpeg/gpg.

I hope this helps.