Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse Incoming call with black notification

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Everyone,

We upgraded our UCCX environment to 12.5 and since the upgrade the agents are receiving a black box notification at the bottom of the Finesse page stating Incoming call 98432303034 via Microsoft Edge.

Have you guys experienced this? If yes, could you please share how to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

MK

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Are you talking about the Finesse toaster notification feature that they added a while back? I included some background here from UCCE about it but it should help you. If it isn't the toaster, please post a screenshot.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/finesse/finesse_1161/Admin/guide/cfin_b_cisco-finesse-administration-guide-116/cfin_b_cisco-finesse-administration-guide-116_appendix_010000.html#reference_3BBC3019DE9285...

View solution in original post

So if you do not want it you can disable it from the CLI. This is outlined in the document shared with you by @bill.king1

Response Signature

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Are you talking about the Finesse toaster notification feature that they added a while back? I included some background here from UCCE about it but it should help you. If it isn't the toaster, please post a screenshot.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/finesse/finesse_1161/Admin/guide/cfin_b_cisco-finesse-administration-guide-116/cfin_b_cisco-finesse-administration-guide-116_appendix_010000.html#reference_3BBC3019DE9285...

Capture.PNG

Here's the black box I am talking about. It displays when an incoming call rings for the agents. it disappears as soon as the call is answered. 

Looks like the toaster that @bill.king1 reference. What do you get when your do this from CLI on the CCX server, utils finesse toaster status?

For reference this is what I got out of one of our servers.
Snag_20952fc.png

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

The output shows Enabled.

Thanks,

MK

So if you do not want it you can disable it from the CLI. This is outlined in the document shared with you by @bill.king1

Response Signature

I have 3 other clusters in which the toaster notification shows enabled but they are not displaying the above message.

Thanks,

MK

Have you tried to disable it on the CCX system where you see the message in Finesse?

Response Signature

Unfortunately I don't have CLI access. I get back to you as soon as I hear back from my colleague. 

Thanks,

MK

Keep in mind that maybe you/the user selected to disable browsers notifications when they first logged into Finesse for the other clusters, but not this one? It sounds like a basic thing, but if you use a different browser that you know is clean and/or if you clear cache/cookies/history, you might see it.

But I would imagine it is the toaster notifications are disabled on some and not the others.

ritdesai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the black snippet is call Cisco Finesse toaster notification which is by default enabled on the Cisco Finesse and is enabled because of contact center agent is working on another application and Cisco Finesse agent desktop is hided behind the active application. The toaster notification helps contact center agent to answer the call. the answer button on the black box which you are referring will take to Finesse agent desktop screen. this helps to avoid call abandoned on agent device and make agent in NOT READY state.

As suggested above by @bill.king1 and @Roger Kallberg you can disable. Clear the browser cache and check the Finesse toaster notification is not shown.

HTH

thanks and regards,
Ritesh Desai
Please mark useful if it helps you. Mark answered if it is answered.

Thank you guys, disabling the toaster notification took care of the black notification.

One more question for you experts:

Is there away to change the time format from 12h to 24h for the supervisor to agent messages in Finesse 12.5? I am not talking about the chat btw the supervisor and agents but only the message a supervisor can send to the group of agents.

Thanks,

MK

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: