Finesse Lost Connectivity

jc12
Level 1
Level 1

PCCE Deployment 10.5(1)

CUCM 10.5(1)

CVP 10.5(1)

Finesse 10.5(1) ES07

Recently had all agents connected to our side A finesse server lose connectivity.  Agents are located at multiple different locations and all reported the brief event.  I was wondering what logs from the finesse CLI I could pull that may possibly lead me to the cause of the issue.  I assume a brief network outage at the data center but would like to confirm.

Maybe it's not just logs from the finesse server that are needed.  Just looking for suggestions.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Andrew West
Level 4
Level 4

From a Finesse perspective you have quite a few logs that you can pull easy enough via RTMT. You can also get full logs from the Diagnostic Portico from your PGs along with OPC Status..The last one is more of a deep dive and I would suggest getting TAC on the line to explain OPC if you dont know. 

One thing I would suggest for sure , if you do call TAC they will say this, is to upgrade off of 10.5(1) as soon as possible. That was a very very buggy version with multiple major issues. 10.5(3) was substantially more stable though I am not sure if their is a newer version in the 10.x train. 

50003 is a device out of service message , does CUCM show all the phones losing registration then? 

I know there is a more recent doc for this but this shows reason codes: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/pcce/pcce_10_0_1/maintenance/guide/PCCE_BK_PB9F25D6_00_packaged-cce-reporting-guide/PCCE_BK_PB9F25D6_00_packaged-cce-reporting-guide_chapter_01001.html

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

jc12
Level 1
Level 1

Also, in this scenario shouldn't the connection fail over to the side B finesse server?  Instead everyone was logged out with the 50003 system logout reason code.

Andrew West
Level 4
Level 4

From a Finesse perspective you have quite a few logs that you can pull easy enough via RTMT. You can also get full logs from the Diagnostic Portico from your PGs along with OPC Status..The last one is more of a deep dive and I would suggest getting TAC on the line to explain OPC if you dont know. 

One thing I would suggest for sure , if you do call TAC they will say this, is to upgrade off of 10.5(1) as soon as possible. That was a very very buggy version with multiple major issues. 10.5(3) was substantially more stable though I am not sure if their is a newer version in the 10.x train. 

50003 is a device out of service message , does CUCM show all the phones losing registration then? 

I know there is a more recent doc for this but this shows reason codes: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/pcce/pcce_10_0_1/maintenance/guide/PCCE_BK_PB9F25D6_00_packaged-cce-reporting-guide/PCCE_BK_PB9F25D6_00_packaged-cce-reporting-guide_chapter_01001.html

@Andrew West wrote:

There is not. 10.5(3) is the "safe harbour" - and you are absolutely correct.

The OP should install the Maintenance Release.

Regards,

Geoff

Pulled RTMT CTI Manager logs for CUCM and found basically every phone had a message that reported the device out of service at the same time.

Was not able to pull RTMT logs on the Finesse server itself.... didn't seem to want to connect properly.

Still need to pull the OPC logs, but thanks for getting me on track.

Logging in UCCX\CCE (U or P) is an art form unto itself sometimes.. =)

For Finesse RTMT you can get around that easy enough by just installing it in a separate folders. As you get into later versions of CCE their is a version of RTMT that will essentially work with past versions but in the 10.x train you still want to get the correct versions.

For example I have CUCM, Unity Connection, IMP, Finesse, CUIC RTMTs loaded..lol

You should also run dumplog on the jtapi gateway (JGW1) on the PG and see what it is complaining about. You would be particularly interested if you were seeing "not in provider's domain" messages.

Regards,

Geoff

Just to close the loop on this.  The issue was caused by a configuration change on a switch at our data center.

I did pull the jgw1 logs and it also just stated "DEVICE_UNREGISTERED" for multiple devices all at the same time.

Thank you for writing back and explaining the full story. That is to be encouraged, so thanks.

Regards,

Geoff