Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse Manage Customer Tab

@Syed
Level 3
Level 3

Dear All,

May I ask you what is 'Manage Customer' tab in Cisco Finesse, and how does it help me. 

It throws the below error when I click on this tab. Attached is the screenshot. 

It would be really helpful if you share configuration guides.

Note: My UCCX is on-prem, Version 11.5.1.

Thank you in advance.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

It is/was a feature called Context Services. It allowed for customer journey tracking through voice, chat and email. As of 12.5, it has been removed and is not supported. If I were you, I would comment that tab out of the desktop layout to avoid confusion.

View solution in original post

Log into your Cisco Finesse Administration page (FQDN:8445/cfadmin) and click on Desktop Layout... look for the following:

<tab>
         <id>manageCustomer</id>
         <label>finesse.container.tabs.agent.manageCustomerLabel</label>
         <gadgets>
             <gadget>/desktop/gadgets/CustomerContext.xml</gadget>
         </gadgets>
     </tab>

and change it to this

<!-- <tab>
         <id>manageCustomer</id>
         <gadgets>
         </gadgets>
     </tab> -->

You could replace the tab with additional CUIC permalink reports, Live Data (if you don't already have it), chat/email.... there's a lot of things you can add. Personally, I'd remove the tab and be done with it. Your agents are used to seeing that tab as something useless, so this would be a change that they wouldn't even notice.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

It is/was a feature called Context Services. It allowed for customer journey tracking through voice, chat and email. As of 12.5, it has been removed and is not supported. If I were you, I would comment that tab out of the desktop layout to avoid confusion.

Hello Omar,

Thank you for your reply.

I would comment that tab out of the desktop layout to avoid confusion :- Could you help me how to do this, please.

or

Can I replace this tab with some useful one where my agents get benefited out of it.

Appreciate your support.

Log into your Cisco Finesse Administration page (FQDN:8445/cfadmin) and click on Desktop Layout... look for the following:

<tab>
         <id>manageCustomer</id>
         <gadgets>
         </gadgets>
     </tab>

and change it to this

<!-- <tab>
         <id>manageCustomer</id>
         <gadgets>
         </gadgets>
     </tab> -->

You could replace the tab with additional CUIC permalink reports, Live Data (if you don't already have it), chat/email.... there's a lot of things you can add. Personally, I'd remove the tab and be done with it. Your agents are used to seeing that tab as something useless, so this would be a change that they wouldn't even notice.

Hi,

both look identical to me, i find it a bit difficult to understand.

Brother, could be little more specific, plz

example would be appreciated.

Take another look.... the second code snippet has the <!-- and --> these are called comment tags

I removed the tab.
Thank you so very much
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: