cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

finesse non-gadget sample bosh connection disconnect

wli6
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

i am working on a web app based on finesse non-gadget sample, currently we find the bosh connection sometimes disconnected, the error messages is that "Invalid Session Id".

hopefully you can provide some clue about this error, thanks a lot.ewindgat dlender

17 Replies 17

wli6
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

error messages is "502 BAD Gateway",

and another error messages is "404 Invalid SID".

Are you using a proxy server?

wli6
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, i am using apache as reverse proxy server, and config it refer to the non-gadget sample config.

Currently we can login it and make request to finesse, but when the app runs for a while maybe half an hour or few hours later, sometimes the bosh connection disconnected.

i want to know what will cause the bosh disconnect for my scenarios, thanks.

Since you are able to connect, there might be an issue either with the proxy server. Or, the way Finesse is configured and maybe a fail over.

As you ask, there are a few issues that could disconnect the Bosh service.

Cisco Finesse Administration Guide Release 10.5(1) - Cisco Finesse Failover Mechanisms [Cisco Finesse] - Cisco

wli6
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ewindgat, thanks for your reply.

i read the guide Finesse Admin Guide-failover which you provide, it is indeed helpful.

But sometimes after successfully login for a while, we also find the bosh disconnection errors "503 Service Temporarily Unavailable" in the browser console, and i open the apache (reverse proxy server) error log file, i find there are below errors:

[error] (110)Connection timed out: proxy: HTTP: attempt to connect to 122.19.109.64:7071 (122.19.109.64) failed

[error] ap_proxy_connect_backend disabling worker for (122.19.109.64)

[error] proxy: HTTP: disable connection for (122.19.109.64)

tips: 122.19.109.64 is finesse server ip address.

i think this error is caused by the above error "Connection timed out: proxy: HTTP: attempt to connect to 122.19.109.64:7071 (122.19.109.64) failed".

hopefully you can provide some clue about this error, thanks a lot.

Are you using UCCX or UCCE?

wli6
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

we are using UCCE (ICM 10.5, Finesse 10.5, CVP 10.5), apache 2.2 as reverse proxy server.

There might be an issue with the web server, or the web config.

Please take a look at these articles...

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23709832/ap-proxy-connect-backend-disabling-worker-for-127-0-0-1

http://serverfault.com/questions/304561/understanding-mod-proxy-balancer-module-of-apache

http://forum.slicehost.com/index.php?p=/discussion/4374/error-110connection-timed-out-proxy-http-attempt-to-connect-/p1      ( Here customer noted almost the same error which got resolved after tomcat restart )…

wli6
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks ewindgat for your answers, it is very helpful.

And currently we are using this non-gadget sample through F5(Load balance software), we have below questions:

1)for the domain field in the non-gadget sample, which ip i should input, the web server ip address or the F5 ip address?

2)sometimes we find the bosh connection disconnected with the below logs:

//browser console log

network timeout retry 1

network timeout retry 2

network timeout retry 3

closed: <stream:error xmlns:stream="http://etherx.jabber.org/streams"><service-unavailable xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-streams"/></stream:error>

//finesse openfire info log

Closing idle session (id=f4bd9d89):

//finesse openfire warn log

Error trying to connect to remote server: 83.32.33.80 (DNS lookup: 83.32.33.80:5269) java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host

Error or result packet could not be delivered

Tips: 83.32.33.80 is F5 ip address.

we want to know what can cause Finesse to close idle session, and how long does a session become idle in finesse server?

and is there a setting in Finesse server we can use to make the session idle value longer. because we don't want finesse to close idle session.

look forward to your comments.

The timeout is 24 hours for the desktop, and is not configurable.

wli6
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for your reply. after finesse client connected with finesse server, during the bosh connection will the finesse server be active to ping the finesse client?

I would not think so. After the connection is lost, the server will not ping the client desktop.

wli6
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for your reply.

When the bosh connections is connected, will the server be active to ping the client desktop or not sometimes?

thanks a lot.

If you have an active connection, yes, the bosh should "ping" its active clients.