cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse Not Displaying Answer on Queue to Agent call

Bill Westby
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to create a Call Park solution using ICM/CVP.   

1) Agent gets call but needs to "park" that call to take another call.

2) Agent does a Consult transfer to a CTI Route Point to start Call_Park ICM Script

3) ICM Script captures agent extension, uses CVP Studio app to get the AgentSkillTargetID from the Agent_Real_Time table using Extension as the key value, and returns AgentSkillTargetID to ICM.

4) I use the Queue To Agent node, no peripheral, and the AgentSkillTargetID as expresssion.

5) Once call queues I tell agent to complete the transfer, call is "parked" in their agent queue.

6) Agent takes other call.

7) Agent, once Ready, gets Queue To Agent Call.  

8) Finesse just shows Dialing... and "End" button, no Answer button.  Phone rings and I can answer it, but not from Finesse.

When I look at the browser console logs I see in the PREROUTE_ACD message a participant action message with "DROP", which makes no sense, I already completed the transfer I'm not dropping a conference.  When I looked at the Call Control javascript I see if that action is received then Finesse only shows "End".   

Also, my "fromAddress", when the Queue to Agent call returns to the agent, is not my callers ANI, it is the agent extension, and maybe that's where it's broken, I feel it's a bug. 

Anyone dealt with a similar issue, I bug scrubbed all ES for ICM/CVP/VVB/Finesse and nothing referencing queue to agent problems.  I've attached the xml from when the call comes back from the Queue to Agent, the fromAddress 75551002 is my agent extension, should be caller's ANI, and I believe that is confusing CTI Server to send the wrong message to Finesse.

Thx. Bill.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yo David :)  Figured it out, as a workaround.  I created a Finesse http rest workflow to update a call data ECC variable with the users extension on the Answer action.  Then I blind transfer the call back to ICM and that gets rid of the issue.  Once back in ICM I use the ECC variable to do a DB dip into the AW to get the agentskilltargetID then queue to agent with that value.  

Using consult back to ICM is just broken, I'll open a tac case.  If you use consult -> <number> -> transfer, when the call returns to the agent via queue to agent Finesse gets a message for UPDATE_CALL_DATA with a DROP message, so Finesse thinks it should only display "End" since the participant action is drop, that's my observation.  Really odd because in the same message I also have in the Participant xml tree Dropped, Alerting and Delete values, something is coming out of order from cti, that's the bug IMO.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

If you park the call from another agent or manually by dialing the RP from a non Finesse phone does it work?

Yo David :)  Figured it out, as a workaround.  I created a Finesse http rest workflow to update a call data ECC variable with the users extension on the Answer action.  Then I blind transfer the call back to ICM and that gets rid of the issue.  Once back in ICM I use the ECC variable to do a DB dip into the AW to get the agentskilltargetID then queue to agent with that value.  

Using consult back to ICM is just broken, I'll open a tac case.  If you use consult -> <number> -> transfer, when the call returns to the agent via queue to agent Finesse gets a message for UPDATE_CALL_DATA with a DROP message, so Finesse thinks it should only display "End" since the participant action is drop, that's my observation.  Really odd because in the same message I also have in the Participant xml tree Dropped, Alerting and Delete values, something is coming out of order from cti, that's the bug IMO.

Glad you got it working and +5 for posting the workaround.

david

Good stuff, Bill. +5

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: