Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse over an SSL VPN for Mobile Agents

fmadeira
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

Anyone ever tried the following setup, will it work or do we have any caveats around that?

On CCE v9 with Finesse v9.

Mobile Agents with an external handset and a broadband internet connection using an Client-less SSL VPN connection to access the Finesse Server and login as a Mobile Agent.

Would like to see if anyone had this working before.

Thanks

Nando

2 Replies 2

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nando,

Third-party SIP phones are not supported as contact center agent phones.  The SIP standard does not include the necessary messaging for  third-party Call Control (3PCC). Unified CCE relies on CTI capabilities on the SIP phones that third-party phones do not have. As an alternative, you may choose to deploy the Mobile Agent solution to

enable Cisco Unified CCE and Contact Center Hosted (CCH) to use any  phone as an agent phone. Please consult with your Cisco Sales Engineer  for additional detail on this configuration.

Request to refer Wiki page for related information

Unified CCE Software Compatibility Matrix for 9.0(x) - DocWiki

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

Hi Geevarghese,

Maybe I was not clear enough, I'm planning to use Mobile Agent feature to use the external phone, but will need to login and logout in Finesse, and there's where I need the SSL VPN.

After further investigation I understood that I can use the client-less SSL VPN Connection if I'm able to open the following non-standard ports, besides the standard 80/443:

(8080/8443) or BOSH ports (7071/7443)

Thanks

Nando