Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse Preview Call - ANI

Daniel Inbaraj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Could anyone clarify why am I getting the port number on preview call instead of customer ANI. This happens only in Finesse 10 and above. But it is working fine in Finesse 9.1. Below is the snapshot of Finesse 10 version.

FinesseOtbPreview.jpg

Because of this issue I could not do screenpop on Preview call based on CLI/ANI.

Thanks,

Dany

15 Replies 15

golmsted
Level 4
Level 4

What does your Call Variables Layout in the Finesse Administration look like?

g.

Gary Olmsted

Technical Leader & Finesse Architect

CBABU - Contact Center Software Development

There is nothing configured in call variable layout, and there is no data from call variable layout. Below is my finesse admin screenshot and the preview call scenario which will help you.

Screen 1: cfadmin page

FinesseOtbPreviewcv1Admin.jpg

Screen 2: Preview call - which displays port number during preview to agent (reserved) desktop.

FinesseOtbPreviewcv1.jpg

Screen 3: Preview call - answered.  Now it displays ANI.

FinesseOtbPreviewcv1Answered.jpg

Hence, I need ANI to be displayed during Preview an outbound call.

Thanks,

Dany

dchumbley
Level 1
Level 1

That's the reservation call from the Dialer, thus you see the Dialer port as the ANI.  Until you accept the call and the outbound call is placed there is no customer ANI yet.

yes. you are right. As per preview call explanation, an agent can view the customer information even before he accept the call.

In Finesse 9, It is working.

Thanks,

Dany

mcreddy008
Level 1
Level 1

Any Solution for this issue .

We are using Finesse 11 and need to display Phone number so that  agent can decide to accept or reject based on the phone number.

Hey Chandra,

I had a similar requirement for my Qs. See if these work for you.

Script variables.pngFinesse Variables.png

Try these. I had a similar requirement for my Qs.

Sorry Chandra,

Didn't ready your question correctly. These wont work for your requirement.

Hi,

As stated by dchumbley, Finesse doesn't know about the customer ANI until the outbound call is accepted. As a result, there has not been any change to Finesse. I am not an expert in scripting or outbound, but if there is a way in the scripts to put the customer's phone number in a call variable or ecc variable, you can take that route (customize the call variable layout).

Thanx,

Denise

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ah. Looks like Juan read my mind and posted the solution to my suggestion. Thanks Juan!

Thanks Denise,

I think Chandra needs something outbound though...not sure if how i have it configured will work for the requirement. Could always just play around with it to see if works.

Is there any way we can send ANI Through ICM Script for Direct Preview Calls to Finesse during Reserve Mode

I have tried to configure call.callinglineid and Dialednumberstring Variables but no data is coming in those variables.

Please assist

Hi mcreddy008,

Sorry for the delayed response. I reached out to the Finesse architect for this question as I do not have enough expertise in this area. The architect's response was:

Yes. In UCCE, Agent Reservation leg is same for all type of outbound ( Preview / Direct Preview / Predictive) and you can use 'set_ variable' nodes in Routing script to assign values to call variables and/or ecc variables and its supported.

Also, do note that any custom ecc variables needs to be in the format of user.* to be displayed on the call control layout. The best thing to do to see if it is a layout issue versus a script issue is to take a look at the dialog event being sent to the desktop in the client logs. If you see the key/value call/ecc variable pair, then it is a layout issue. If you do not see the right values, then it is a script issue.

I hope that answered your question.

Thanx,

Denise

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I also wanted to note that I was incorrect in saying that Finesse doesn't know about the customer ANI until the outbound call is accepted. Apparently it is a CCE bug.

The Finesse architect told me that if you are seeing the dialer port number on the call control gadget rather than the customer ANI, then you should raise an issue with the CCE TAC so that they can provide a workaround.

Thanx,

Denise

This issue has been resolved after we upgraded to Finesse 11.5(1).

Thanks for your support

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: