cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse Queue API alternative Supervisors to exclude Team config

bwestby2015
Level 1
Level 1

I've been working with the user.GetQueues(userID) method and have found that when logged in as a supervisor the Queues collection returned is all queues assigned to agents on the teams I'm a supervisor of.

If I manage Teams A and B, and Team A has Agent A assigned to Skill Group A, and Team B has Agent B assigned to Skill Group B, I will see both Skill Group A and B in my collection.

While this makes sense for use in some of the Finesse stock gadgets, why can't I just find out for my logged in Supervisor the actual UCCE skill groups my supervisor is a member of?  If I have a "working" supervisor, i.e. one who manages teams and takes ACD calls, I can't find a method to determine which skill groups my supervisor belongs to.  If my supervisor is a member of Skill Groups A, B, and C I want to just get those skill groups back regardless of my Team management configuration.

user.GetQueues works fine when an agent role is involved, because an agent can't belong to more than one team, I always just get back the skill groups assigned to my agent.    But if I'm a supervisor, I can't figure out a way to just get back my actual skill group memberships, I don't want to consider which teams I'm a member of, I want to get just skill groups back for my logged in Supervisor.  I tried the Rest /finesse/api/User/<supervisorID>/Queues and it does the same thing, it returns skill groups based on my team management configuration.

Is it possible to get the list of skill groups a supervisor is assigned to and without involving the team configuration?

Thx.

Bill Westby.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bill,

Unfortunately, there isn't. The user.GetQueues(userID) just calls the REST /finesse/api/user/<supervisorID>/Queues API so that explains why it does the same thing.

At this time, there isn't any way to get just the supervisor's skill groups via the Finesse APIs (JavaScript or REST). Looking at the UCCE REST APIs, only administrators have access to the REST API that can view the agent/supervisor skill group: Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise Developer Reference Release 11.0(1)  - Agent API [Cisco Unified Contact Center E… so that probably won't help.

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bill,

Unfortunately, there isn't. The user.GetQueues(userID) just calls the REST /finesse/api/user/<supervisorID>/Queues API so that explains why it does the same thing.

At this time, there isn't any way to get just the supervisor's skill groups via the Finesse APIs (JavaScript or REST). Looking at the UCCE REST APIs, only administrators have access to the REST API that can view the agent/supervisor skill group: Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise Developer Reference Release 11.0(1)  - Agent API [Cisco Unified Contact Center E… so that probably won't help.

Thanx,

Denise

Thank you Denise, appreciate the prompt response.

How does one go about requesting this be added even if it just gets on a list somewhere .

Something like a "user.getAssignedQueues" which just returned actual configuration manager assigned queues would be very helpful for what I was trying to do which is a Queue "Bell" function which plays audible alerts based on queue stats but only for the queues the supervisor is a member of vs. managing.

I'd also like to suggest the API guide be updated to add verbiage that getQueues returns all skill groups for all agents for which the logged in user manages, that would have been helpful when figuring this all out rather than testing it on my own not understanding the behavior.

Thanks again,

Bill Westby.

Hi Bill,

I can forward this request to the Finesse product owner and can talk to the Finesse team about updating the doc.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Dekwan, can you tell me to which server on UCCE has implemented that API (https://<server>/unifiedconfig/config/agent/)  ?

Joz,

This is detailed in the FAQ - its the AW-HDS-DDS server.

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/packaged-contact-center/#faq/location

Regards,

Gerry

Hi,

Gerry is correct. It is the AW-HDS-DDS server.

Thanx,

Denise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: