Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse Salesforce screen pop

Daniel Inbaraj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Lender,

I have embedded the "Salesforce dot com (SFDC) Sample Gadget 10.0.1" gadget in to finesse.

Can you please suggest us, that how can we pass the ANI received in Finesse to Sales force screen pop page.

Thanks,

Daniel Inbaraj J.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dlender
Level 6
Level 6

You can pop a Salesforce.com url in a separate browser tab using a Finesse workflow and workflow action which has been assigned to an agent team.

You can have Finesse add the fromAddress of the dialog to the url when you configure the workflow action.

But you cannot do this in an iframe inside a gadget. Salesforce.com will reject the url as not logged in even if you pass the credentials on the url. An iframe only works with the Salesforce login url

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

dlender
Level 6
Level 6

You cannot do a screenpop into an iframe with Salesforce.com, only navigate to the login url which is https://login.salesforce.com/?ec=302&startURL=%2Fhome%2Fhome.jsp if you add the user and pwd to the url

Salesforce will block other urls from working in an iframe.  This is a Salesforce.com issue

dlender
Level 6
Level 6

You can pop a Salesforce.com url in a separate browser tab using a Finesse workflow and workflow action which has been assigned to an agent team.

You can have Finesse add the fromAddress of the dialog to the url when you configure the workflow action.

But you cannot do this in an iframe inside a gadget. Salesforce.com will reject the url as not logged in even if you pass the credentials on the url. An iframe only works with the Salesforce login url

Thanks Lender.

I will try the second option.

--Dany

Ron Nelson
Level 5
Level 5

Has anyone tried this since Salesforce added support for CORS.  The way I understand CORS is that if I add my finesse domain to the allowed sites, I should be able to use salesforce in an iFrame. I haven't had any luck and am still receiving the following error:

Refused to display 'https://*.salesforce.com/home/home.jsp?sdtd=1' in a frame because it set 'X-Frame-Options' to 'SAMEORIGIN'.

Maybe my understanding of CORS is incorrect, but shouldn't I be able to use this in an iFrame at this point.

CORS is the ability to access website content, without using an IFRAME. Accessing a site through an IFRAME can introduce a security risk, that's why many sites do not allow their sites to be accessed through an IFRAME. Bing.com allows it, while Google.com does not.

I found an article saying that Salesforce does not allow itself to be loaded into an IFRAME.

I also took the URL link and tried to load it into an IFRAME on a simple HTML page, outside of Finesse, and it did not load.

I think your question about any changes to Salesforce being able to load in an IFRAME have not changed.

I did some more research, and noticed a form post that could be helpful...

Embedded SFDC Gadget

Basically you need to contact Salesforce and have them turn off the clickjack protection for your site.

Thanks for the research. That sounds like a terrible idea. I think I'll go with my original thought and launch a new window every time.

Thanks again!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: