Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse Silent Monitor - Jabber to Jabber

Yort Mantup
Level 4
Level 4

Hello

We have hired more remote staff for helpdesk using jabber.  I am unable to get silent monitoring to work for jabber users.  Both the Supervisor and trainee are using Jabber.  The error i get when we attempt this is Silent monitoring operation failed: Agent phone line to be monitored is not in TALKING state. Possible cause: agent call state is on Hold. (CTIError=88049).

I cannot find this error anywhere. I have gone thru the setup many times and am 99% i am not missing setup step for this.  Anyone run into the error?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, we are MRA.  But in this instance, no one is using mobile jabber for this.  I did get it to work.  I found that a few had a desk phone with the call center extension tied to it.  I removed all desk phones and made the team jabber only and monitoring now works.  Thanks for the reply.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Does other monitoring work? Like a Jabber supervisor monitoring a non-Jabber agent, and vice versa? Or non-Jabber supervisor and a non-Jabber agent?

And these are Jabber for Windows right,  not mobile Jabber?

Also, when you say remote, how are these users connecting as far as Jabber? Are they in via VPN or are you using something like Cisco Expressway MRA? If so, bear in mind that some versions do not support silent monitoring.

Yes, we are MRA.  But in this instance, no one is using mobile jabber for this.  I did get it to work.  I found that a few had a desk phone with the call center extension tied to it.  I removed all desk phones and made the team jabber only and monitoring now works.  Thanks for the reply.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: