cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse silent monitoring of a remote agent taking calls from Jabber set to "Use My Computer"

Aomar bahloul
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi all,

When we try to silent monitor an agent using finesse supervisor desktop (version 11.6.) we are getting this error message  : 

"Silent monitoring operation failed: Agent phone line to be monitored is not in TALKING state. Possible cause: agent call state is on Hold. (CTIError=88049)" Which kind of make sense since the Agent is connected remotely via VPN and taking calls on his Jabber client (version 12.7) which is set to "Use My Computer" since his desk phone is at the office so Finesse doesn't see the call on his Desk phone. Is anyone facing this situation and if so what did you do to get around it.
Note: I did try to add the agent Jabber CSF profile as a controlled device for the RMCM application user but that caused issues with answering calls and the Agent status is stuck on Reserved.
I'll appreciate any suggestions.
Thank you
Aomar.

Hide Error
3 Replies 3

What happens if you eliminate the office phone from the mix? Like it sounds like you have some type of shared profile setup going on with the agent's Jabber and their desk phone?

If the agent at home has a Jabber extension that matches no other phone, does it work?

Our Agents do come to the office couple days a week and when they do they use their Desk Phones, but I did test right after I put this post removing the desk phone specially the IPCC line which was confusing Finesse because it was set on two devices, now I can control Jabber just fine. I honestly don't like to use two different IPCC lines we might just have to train our agents to use Jabber when they are in the office. I'll test the silent monitoring again and see what happens.

Silent monitoring is working fine after removing IPCC line from agent's desk phone and removing phone from the RMCM app user controlled devices.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: