cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

finesse tomcat trust certificate expired - Self signed.

PriyaMK930726
Level 1
Level 1

In my setup, i could see the attached tomcat trust certificates are expired in finesse. Can anyone tell me, will that affect any functionality in finesse and what is the purpose of these tomcat trust self signed certificates? Please refer the attachment.

1 Reply 1

Mark Swanson
Level 4
Level 4

When you login to UCCX/UCCE Administration webpage or Cisco Finesse, the Tomcat cert provides a trusted connection between the server and your browser. For CA-signed Tomcat certs, the trusted connection would be secured once you upload the CA-signed Tomcat cert to the tomcat-trust along with the Intermediate CA cert and Root CA cert. In your case, this doesn't apply to self-signed certs.

Cisco Finesse is a web-based application. Right now, your browser may or may not accept self-signed certs. Do you see certificate errors when you login to Cisco Finesse or UCCX/UCCE Administration webpage? The URL might be highlight red or display a certificate error or unlocked icon.

This wouldn't (shouldn't) prevent agents from logging into Cisco Finesse, however, this might prevent the application from interacting with other applications or services like ServiceNow if they require secure (SSL) connections. Some applications or service might accept self-signed certs as long as they haven't expired. All of this really depends on your company's security policy.

v/r,

Mark