cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse - UCCX 11.6 - EmbeddedWebApp - some agents get it-others dont

lleweyiss
Level 4
Level 4

I have (2) EmbeddedWebApp  gadgets,  I changed the xml file to have the web page to our knowledge base for the agents. It works in Firefox for a Windows 7 machine, but the Windows 10 users are reporting that the web page is not loading.

(no agents use IE but not sure about Chrome)

Any ideas of what to change , I was thinking it's just a browser issue, but I cant seem to pin down what to change.

any ideas ?

4 Replies 4

jpm1
Level 1
Level 1

Were you able to find a solution for this?

No one provided any clues or information.  I am about to upgrade to Win 10  , so I guess I will see what I can figure out.  As the admin of UCCX , not too excited about the upgrade as I have had other issues with jabber installs and audio issues (reboot seems to cure the audio issue)

I have a couple of weeks to see what might be causing the issue in Win 10. If I happen to get it figured out I will let you know what I found. Strange that I can get it to work on all browsers in Win 7 but none in Win 10. Win 10 seems to be a headache with multiple software providers. 

This is what I have found so far regarding Win10:

You are correct that it is a browser based issue. I was able to get it to work correctly with Firefox and Chrome. I didn't have these issues with Win7, but what I had to do was import the certificate of the website I was going to in the web gadget using the MMC snap-in.

I used Firefox first and opened a new tab and typed in https://<fqdn>/extension and then ran the certificate export through the browser. I then opened MMC and added certificates and ran the import. I tried importing it into the Trusted Root Certification Authorities, but it didn't work until I imported it into the Enterprise Trust folder. I cleared the cache after and it worked in both Firefox and Chrome after that. That wasn't enough for Edge, but it gives me a message in Edge now saying that the content is blocked because it was not signed by a valid security certificate. Since we do not use Edge in our operations, I probably will not go any further with this.

I hope that helps for your situation. Good luck!

Jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: