cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse - UCCX 11.6 - EmbeddedWebApp - some agents get it-others dont

lleweyiss
Level 4
Level 4

I have (2) EmbeddedWebApp  gadgets,  I changed the xml file to have the web page to our knowledge base for the agents. It works in Firefox for a Windows 7 machine, but the Windows 10 users are reporting that the web page is not loading.

(no agents use IE but not sure about Chrome)

Any ideas of what to change , I was thinking it's just a browser issue, but I cant seem to pin down what to change.

any ideas ?

4 Replies 4

jpm1
Level 1
Level 1

Were you able to find a solution for this?

No one provided any clues or information.  I am about to upgrade to Win 10  , so I guess I will see what I can figure out.  As the admin of UCCX , not too excited about the upgrade as I have had other issues with jabber installs and audio issues (reboot seems to cure the audio issue)

I have a couple of weeks to see what might be causing the issue in Win 10. If I happen to get it figured out I will let you know what I found. Strange that I can get it to work on all browsers in Win 7 but none in Win 10. Win 10 seems to be a headache with multiple software providers. 

This is what I have found so far regarding Win10:

You are correct that it is a browser based issue. I was able to get it to work correctly with Firefox and Chrome. I didn't have these issues with Win7, but what I had to do was import the certificate of the website I was going to in the web gadget using the MMC snap-in.

I used Firefox first and opened a new tab and typed in https://<fqdn>/extension and then ran the certificate export through the browser. I then opened MMC and added certificates and ran the import. I tried importing it into the Trusted Root Certification Authorities, but it didn't work until I imported it into the Enterprise Trust folder. I cleared the cache after and it worked in both Firefox and Chrome after that. That wasn't enough for Edge, but it gives me a message in Edge now saying that the content is blocked because it was not signed by a valid security certificate. Since we do not use Edge in our operations, I probably will not go any further with this.

I hope that helps for your situation. Good luck!

Jason