Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse - Unable to authenticate against the primary enterprise database

harish.doer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I installed a new PCCE setup with 10.5.1 in Simplex mode. 

While integrating finesse with AW, i'm getting the following error - Unable to authenticate against the primary enterprise database.

In FInesse CFADMIN page we need to provide CCE Administration & Data Server Settings parameters like Primary Host IP, Database Port, AW database name, Domain, username and password.

After giving all the parameters, i'm hitting save and getting the error. 

Both Finesse and AW are in same domain.

Kindly find the error screenshots of finesse server and AW windows event viewer. 

7 Replies 7

There has to be something in between blocking the connection. Are you able to manually connect to the DB from your workstation?

david

Yes david.

we can able to connect to DB from external windows server and also i can able to telnet that port(1433). 

while saving configuration in finesse it's trying to reach the AW server. 

Trying netstat from AW Server, the status is showing as TIME_WAIT, not Established. 

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

what authentication are you using?

SQL or windows? do you have added the same users in SQL?

Chintan

Hi Chintan,

Yes that user is available in SQL logins and it's windows authentication.

While installing SQL we need to add the Current user (I.e Domain user which we used for the PCCE installation).

With that user we can access only via Windows authentication. And also with that user i can able to access both awdb and sideA DB's and tables. 

is your AD up?

Chintan

harish.doer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The above stated issue has been solved by changing the the NTLM settings in domain globally to NTLM-only instead of NTLMV2.

Coz Finesse 10.5(1) will speak with AW server only with NTLM.

As per the Active Directory standard NTLMV2 need to be used in the domain level and for testing they reverted to NTLM for a while. 

After raised the same to Cisco, they suggested to go with 10.5(1)ES3 (Cumulative of ES1 and ES2) for Finesse to AW server communication with NTLMV2. 

Now Finesse is integrated with the AW Server.

Wow, did not know that, thank you for posting the solution!

david

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: