cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse - UpdateCallVariable when agent select/trigger specific entry in Phonebook

smeegada1
Spotlight
Spotlight

We are able to updateCallVaribale with Gadget but looking to invoke this updateCallVaribale logic when agent transfer call to specific entry in/from PhoneBook.Below info is in ClientLog when i transferred to phoneNumber XXXXXXXX from Phonebook but not sure how to get this event check in JS file.

CallControl : _phonePadActionCallback(): invoking phonepad action with mode=MAKECALL number=XXXXXXX.

Any idea is really appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for quick response Denise. Let me look into this.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Unfortunately there isn't a way for a custom gadget to be able to get that specific event because that is happening in another gadget (CallControl). The custom gadget can get events as a result of that action. In your scenario, is the agent doing a direct transfer or a consult transfer? If they are doing a consult transfer, maybe the gadget can listen to the event as a result of the consult call and perform the update call variable action. If it is a direct transfer, the only way to invoke the update call variable is for the agent to go to wrap up after the transfer is completed.

Thanx,

Denise

Thanks for quick response. In our scenario agent will do consult transfer.Can you please elaborate on - "maybe the gadget can listen to the event as a result of the consult call"?

Hi,

Sure. When the agent does a consult, the agent will get a dialog event(s) as a result of that action. Basically, the agent's dialog collection will increase with the new dialog. The custom gadget will get that event and when it does, you can do some checks and trigger the update call variable code you already have. I suggest taking a look at the learning sample gadget (https://github.com/CiscoDevNet/finesse-sample-code/tree/master/LearningSampleGadget) because it has the code to get the event as a result of the consult (handleNewDialog).

I hope that helps.

Thanx,

Denise

Thanks for quick response Denise. Let me look into this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: