cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse Webservices Logs

Kevin Martin
Level 1
Level 1

Our UCCX servers have started filling up our webservices logs with "CCBU_Smack Listener Processor" messages.  This started around the same time the certificates expired on our UCCX Servers.  This may be a coincidence but it does seem strange that this started happening around the same time.  Has anyone seen this before or do you have any recommendations on how to resolve this?  I've attached a sample from the Webservice Log file.

***Please Mark and Rate helpful posts***
1 Accepted Solution
4 Replies 4

jason-mcgee
Level 3
Level 3

Kevin,

This is for UCCE, but the results appear to be the same. I don't think it has to do with your certificates though. Seems more like an IM&P normal behavior issue.

The client is successfully subscribed to the Finesse Object (node) /finesse/api/User/2001 once the BOSH connection is established.

When the client's BOSH connection is established, the webservices log recieves a PRESENCE_NOTIFICATION message from the client. This PRESENCE_TYPE only indicates that the client is available to recieve XMPP Events and has nothing to do with the agent availability in Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE). Remember that the agent is not signed in yet.

Note: You only see the PRESENCE_TYPE messages when a client establishes a BOSH connection or when a client's BOSH connection is disconnected. When the client's BOSH connection is disconnected, the PRESENCE_TYPE displays as unavailable.

Here is the Notification event in the websservices log:

%CCBU_Smack Listener Processor (1)-6-PRESENCE_NOTIFICATION_RECIEVED:
%[FROM JID=2001@uccefinesse138.vmload.cvp/desktop]
[PRESENCE_TYPE=available]: Finesse received a presence notification

Here is a link for more information. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/finesse/116255-technote-finesse-00.html

Thanks for your reply Jason.  The problem I'm having is that I see the available/unavailable messages for everyone logged in about once a second.  It's generating quite a few logs per day.  Also, in the error webservices log, I'm seeing this about once a second as well:

0002501084: 10.125.20.49: Oct 22 2019 20:16:56.945 -0500: %CCBU_Smack Packet Reader (425963)-3-XMPP_USER_CONNECTION_FAILURE: %[error_message=The connection listener has detected that the connection was dropped due to an error: stream:error (conflict)][exception=stream:error (conflict)]: Failed to connect and/or authenticate with the XMPP server
0002501085: 10.125.20.49: Oct 22 2019 20:16:56.945 -0500: %CCBU_Smack Packet Reader (425963)-3-EXCEPTION_INFO: %[build_date=Dec 31, 1969 6:00 PM][build_type=rel][exception=stream:error (conflict)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader.parsePackets(PacketReader.java:247)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader.access$000(PacketReader.java:48)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader$1.run(PacketReader.java:76)

I rebooted our CUIC server and it looks to have cleared up the logs.  Thanks for the recommendation!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: