Helpful
Replies

Finesse with Cisco Extension Mobility

southbaseline
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

Package CCE, CUCM 9.1, Finesse 9.1

Can someone help me verify if Finesse work with Extension Mobility?

I already have EM configured and running. Agents are able to login to any CIPC but cannot login to Finesse. It will give, error "The device associated with the extension or dial number specified is invalid".

I will appreaciate any help!

Southbaseline

7 Replies 7

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Finesse is supported with EM (as seen here for instance). I did not find any information about your UCCE/Finesse version.

You might want to talk to TAC or PDI.

G.

This is a new feature in 10.5(1).

From Cisco Finesse 10.5(1) Release Notes document:

New Features for Both Deployments

The following sections describe features that apply to Finesse for both Unified Contact Center Enterprise (Unified CCE) and Unified Contact Center Express (Unified CCX) that are new for Release 10.5(1).

•     Multiline Support
  •     Call and Agent State Timers
  •     Multiple Column Support
  •     Scheduled Callbacks
  •     Browser and Operating System Support for Finesse Clients
  •     Extension Mobility Support

Gergely, Mateusz, Thank you guys for the replies!

Gergely - I am working with TAC right now. So far TAC hasn't says that it's not compatible with my Finesse 9.1(1). I will post when i get some updates.

Mateusz - Is that mean that EM will not work with my current Finesse 9.1(1)?

Thank you,

southbaseline

Hi,

As per Pcce Admin guide V 9.x EM is not supported with Finesse version 9.1. But supported with finesse version 10.5. But we are getting the same issue with version 10.5. Are you able to find the solution.

To get it to work you have to associate the EM-Profile to the RMCM application user in CUCM.

Cheers,

Ben Edgar

I've done that but still not getting the same error. The profile and the phone are both. She can get calls but not from the queue via CCX.

Hi assuming you got this to work,   what I found is that the previous post mentions to associate the EM-Profile to the RMCM application user in CUCM ....   but you can only associate 1 device (phone OR the UDP  (EM-Profile) to the RMCM application user in CUCM.

Finesse does not like 2 devices associated to the RMCM user for the same extension.

And just for FYI .... we have users that use the UDP profile to login to the desk phone, but when working from home, they use a Cisco IP Communicator (soft phone) ... so the 1 Device caveat messed up our 'work form home' option.

I now create a "dummy" extension for the soft phone and have the users Login thier UDP profile to the soft phone if at home or desk phone at work ....and I only associate the UDP to the RMCM application user.

That is our work around  - except if a person has a phone only jabber soft phone, then they can ONLY use the jabber at home or office as the jabber has no Login capability.