Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse without desk phone

AnthonySMillsIT
Level 1
Level 1

Edit:

Going to simplify this, I am wanting to create a new user that can login to Jabber on the PC and pick up calls in our Finesse group without a need for a desk phone, can someone help with this?

I have created a new user, they are able to log into jabber and make calls on there, but when trying to log into Finesse I get a device not accessible error. I should be able to create a user and have them be able to make calls on Jabber as well as receive calls in Finesse without an issue. When I worked help desk we were able to do this, but I am unsure how this was set up. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

I have already tried to make a CTI point and put it into the application user without luck, as well as creating a CIPC device and doing the same. So far no luck.

Old Post:

I am trying to get 2 things setup here at a new office. Currently we have CSRs that have to log into a desk phone with there 2000 extension and then are able to log into finesse into one of the 7000 extensions and use Jabber on the computer to answer calls remotely. I want to remove them having to log into a desk phone and make it so that regardless of being in the office or working remotely they only use Jabber for phone calls. 

Second question is there are a few here at the office that will have a desk in one location but will then travel to the other offices with a laptop and I would like to have it set up so that they use their desk phone when at the office but then when they travel they can answer calls through finesse at the same extension. Is it possible to add their extension into both of those locations or will I have to set them up with more of the 7000 extensions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AnthonySMillsIT
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone wondering, I did finally figure it out. You just create the Jabber "device" and have that associate with the extension. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

AnthonySMillsIT
Level 1
Level 1

Redid post to maybe make it a little easier to understand what I'm asking.

AnthonySMillsIT
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone wondering, I did finally figure it out. You just create the Jabber "device" and have that associate with the extension. 

I know that sometimes if the configuration took, and the testing shows that it works, that we're all good; I do it too.  However, you do have read the documentation to know when or if you're doing something which is explicitly called out as unsupported.

Unsupported Configurations for Agent Phones

The following configurations are not supported for agent phones:

• Unified CCX extension that is assigned to multiple devices.

Source: UCCX Release Notes

Yeah, but the way the CUCM thinks of devices is weird sometimes. Because I have the extension programs into both a Jabber connection and a device profile now that is working. This is fine even though it is added to two things, but adding it to a desk phone as well as a Jabber connection is not okay, even though Jabber is not a "real" device. 

Paul James
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have been using this configuration for a while. 

Make sure the Jabber "csfXXXXX" device is associated in the application user, it will work with an associated device profile but not recommended as you get call drop.

Once a csf is added it will always give priority over a Device Profile, so it is becomes awkward if you want a user which wants to switch between Jabber and Desk.

It is doable but I bet unsupported - log on csf then log on Finesse, then log on to phone and log off csf.

To avoid issues, turn off Jabber pop-ups and have the agent do all call control from Finesse also use Edge, otherwise you will have phantom stuck calls. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: