cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finnesse reports fail to load after Chrome update

safety2008
Level 4
Level 4

Finnesse reports fail to load after Chrome update, Chrome did updates and now agents are unable to see reports on their desktops. Thoughts?

Google Chrome is up to date

Version 67.0.3396.62 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi there
You might be hitting this

Live Data gadgets do not work for Chrome 67
CSCvj74116
Description
Symptom:
Live data gadgets in Finesse and CUIC LD reports stop working after Chrome is updated to version 67.
They get stuck in loading view.
Page show blank.

Conditions:
after Chrome is updated to version 67.

Workaround:
- Use another browser
- downgrade Chrome version.

Hope this Helps
Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

View solution in original post

24 Replies 24

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi there
You might be hitting this

Live Data gadgets do not work for Chrome 67
CSCvj74116
Description
Symptom:
Live data gadgets in Finesse and CUIC LD reports stop working after Chrome is updated to version 67.
They get stuck in loading view.
Page show blank.

Conditions:
after Chrome is updated to version 67.

Workaround:
- Use another browser
- downgrade Chrome version.

Hope this Helps
Cheers
Rath!

It help but really not acceptable, as IE has bugs and now Chrome and Cisco answer/workaround is use another browser..

But thanks I appreciate the feed back.

These work arounds are not enough in our case. 

Is this a bug with Chrome which they are going to fix?

Is this a bug with Finesse due to it not being supported in Chrome anymore?

Is there a workaround add on in Chrome that will allow us to continue?

Hi there
>From Cisco side this bug is still Open with Severity 2. But no fix is mentioned. For timebeing the workaround is to downgrade chrome or use any other browser.

You can enable notifications on this bug and add your email so any news on this, you will be aware of. Also you can reach out to your Cisco SE/AM.

Hope this Helps
Cheers
Rath!

The defect is now updated to say that a bug is available from Cisco to resolve the issue, but haven't yet tried it myself yet.

Seems to be not available for Public. Need to open up a TAC to get the patch

https://techzone.cisco.com/t5/Reporting-and-Database/LD-gadgets-and-CUIC-reports-blank-after-Chrome-upgrade-to-Chrome/ta-p/1207420

Hope this helps

Cheers
Rath!

That techzone link you provided isn't public (or at least doesn't work for me), but yes, you'd need to open up a case with TAC to get and have them help install the fix with their permissions/access.

thank you as well!!

Thank you Bill for update. we did open ticket and hopefully will be patched tonight. apprciate the feed back

To what does the patch need to be applied and how intrusive is the patching process? We are encountering the same bug and need to have this fixed ASAP. 

Cisco must do patch. Ours is being done tonight although I believe it could be done during NBH.

Thank you, on hold with Cisco right now. Appreciate the rapid reply. 

Correct, no services needed to be restarted for instance during the application of the patch by Cisco.

FYI: I just opened TAC case around obtaining the fix mentioned in CSCvj74116 but bad news - the fix only works on UCXX 11.5 and above.

Sadly I am on System version: 11.0.1.10000-75 (ES06-37) and this script won't execute for me. It is a back-end script run against UCCX and it does something to "fix" the Finesse widgets. Front-end agents aren't touch as part of the fix. That's what I leaned from TAC.

The recommended solution for my case was to use Firefox. Testing that right now...I hate that I will loose the "application mode" of Chrome which makes Finesse look-and-feel like an application so to speak. Does anyone know whether Firefox has the same "application or kiosk mode"?

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: