cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Forwarding to voicemail from ICM

jasunf
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon.  I've ran across a few discussions about this but nothing I think covers what I'm doing. 

We have the following:

UCM 7.1.3

UCCE 7.5.10

IP IVR 7.0.1

I have my call flow that transroutes, sends caller to IVR to play menu options, if the party dials a 4 digit extension it sends the call to a transfer script where it tries agent to agent and if that fails I want my calls to go to the VM box that the caller entered digits for. 

When I send calls to the VM server from my label it always uses the calling party's number as the forwarding station so the Unity default greeting plays since there's no match for that box.  How do I get it to send the call to the voicemail box of the caller entered digits?

1 Reply 1

jasunf
Level 1
Level 1

After further experimentation I built a small IP IVR script for call redirect.  Since the 95% of the calls front end through IP IVR anyways I figured this would be the better solution.

I did a call redirect from the IVR by assigning CED to a string variable and did a concatenation adding 3333 to the beginning of the CED. I made a route point for 3333XXXX to send calls directly to VM and it worked.  Not sure if that is ideal or perfect but the other posts I could find didn't work when configured.