cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Gadget has no access to Dialog in WORK_READY after transfer

andysteel
Level 1
Level 1

I've written a gadget in 10.5 that handles incoming calls, using the call variables to store my data within. This is fine and when the incoming call is hung up, the agent moves into WORK_READY. At this point the gadget still has access to the Dialog for the call, until it's removed by Finesse when the agent goes back to READY or NOT_READY.

However, if the agent creates a CONSULT call and then completes the TRANSFER to another party, then the original agent no longer has access to the Dialog of the first call, despite still being in WORK_READY. I access the collection of Dialogs and it's blank. I can see on the IE console log that the dialog has been deleted also.

This is seriously affecting my code, as I need to send the Dialog details to another system when entering WORK_READY.

Is this a bug or by design? There's nothing in the documentation that really explains the lifecycle of Dialogs.

Also, it's not possible to get notified when a Dialog is being deleted and also have access to the call variables, etc. of the Dialog. Registering for change notifications of the Dialog object doesn't send an event when the dialog is dropped. I have to hook into the notification that a dialog has been removed from the Dialog Collection, which by that time I can't use any variables within the Dialog either.

Thoughts?

regards,

Andy Steel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andy,

The Finesse team got back to me last night and confirmed that the issue you are seeing is a bug. This bug is getting fixed in Finesse 11.6 but was not fixed in any 10.5 ES.

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andy,

I can't remember if this is by design or a bug. I tried the same scenario on Finesse 11.5 and get the same behavior, so I would like to say it is by design. Let me check with the Finesse team to get back to you.

Thanx,

Denise

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andy,

The Finesse team got back to me last night and confirmed that the issue you are seeing is a bug. This bug is getting fixed in Finesse 11.6 but was not fixed in any 10.5 ES.

Thanx,

Denise