Views
Helpful
Replies

Gateway recording

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

Has anyone completed gw recording to a 3rd party recorder

I seem to remember you needed to split the inbound calls to use a different gateway for outbound gw-is this correct? I'm looking to use it for remote working for using having mobile phones for call centre work

Thanks 

5 Replies 5

Konstantin Vaksin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Recording is enabled on the dial-peer. That means, that if you make good design of numbering plan, you will have different dial-peers for ingress call leg and outgoing call leg. If this is true, you can achieve recording on 1 single GW.

More details about configuration steps are here: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube/configuration/cube-book/voi-ntwk-based.html#d117361e1263a1635

Kostia

You might be thinking of Mobile Agent that has that two gateway caveat if you're going to silent monitor agents?

You can have inbound and outbound calls use the same gateway and recording can be used.

Bill

You are right, mobile agent was the different he set up

If i looked at gateway recording, my thinking is that inbound sip call to cvp, call answer by an agent on a jabber client on a mobile using MRA so we can record these calls - has anyone done this

Not all our agents need recording so I guess as you suggested do it per inbound dial-peer

I see lots of references to media sense but we are using 3rd party such as nice, red box, verba-any difference?

Thanks 

Configuration wise there is no difference between MediaSense or other recorder.

Their might be some features in call details update, where the difference will be

Kostia

Well, I hope you're aware of this, but using Jabber on a mobile device is not supported for UCCE/PCCE (not just for recording , but not supported in general), only Jabber desktop.

But since you're using the gateway to do the recording I wouldn't expect the endpoint to make a difference. The way it often works is that the gateway forks the calls to your recording solution and then recording solution then has a reconciliation process with UCM to say that agent Larry got the call for this recording.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: