Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

GD CVP MicroApp Error Generated on No Entry

So, the MicroApp works just fine, however if there's a no entry, it generates an error in the CVP logs. The error talks about a "[NO_ENTRY(17)]". Is there a way to suppress this error?

Thank you,

david

5 Replies 5

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

No. We are of like minds - and it's a total bummer.

What happens is customers coming from an old IVR school seem to want menus constructed like:

"Press 1 to use our automated system, or just stay on the line to talk to a customer service agent".

I hate these indecisive menus, but I get them all the time. The only time a "NO ENTRY" is really appropriate, in my opinion, is to deal with rotary phones (there are still some in Canada).

But with microapps (either M or GD) you can set the number of no entry tries to 1 and supply a silence.wav as the _no_entry_error.wav to supress the standard "please make a selection" - and catch the error 17 out of the "Run Ext Script" and carry on.

If you have a lot of these, as I do at one customer, the CVP log files fill up with these errors and you can't find real errors.

It would be a most sensible enhancement to enable these to be supressed. Are you listening, Cisco?

Regards,

Geoff

I was afraid of that. :( Oh well, I love me some clean logs, but I guess the CVP logs are not going to fall under that category. Thanks Geoff.

david

Hello Cisco,

Do we need to raise a TAC case to get this enchamentment initiated to supress this error?

We have an obscene number of these "ERRORS" in a customer CVP logs. They clearly are not errors.

It makes it difficult as Geoff has already stated to spot any actual errors.

Please can we get a response?

Gerard.

You could just delete them from the logs when viewing them.  I don't see Cisco making this change any time soon.

david

David,

You are probably correct. It might take Cisco a long time to put in this sort of enchament. I have no expectation that it will be done soon.

However I have raised a partnership request to see if / when it can be done, ast least for future CVP implemetations.

I do think Cisco should implement these sort of enchaments as they are important.

As a workaround I have created a simple batch file to filter out these errors from the syslog log file.

See attached.

Regards,

Gerard.