Views
Helpful
Replies

Get CSQ name display in finesse desktop agent

vinhsam1009
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, everybody,

Now i have a issue. I use uccx 10.5 for a small company.

In finesse desktop page, not display CSQ when has a incoming call.

My uccx have create 3 CSQ : Sale, Support, CustomerCare

IVR script : press 1 to Sale CSQ, press 2 to Support, press 3 to CustomerCare

I want when incomingcall, anybody press 1 or 2, or 3 to those CSQ, and display that CSQ name in finesse desktop page ? (my agent can have 2 CSQ : Support and, Sale, so anybody call to hotline, agent want that call from which CSQ ?)

Thank

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You'll need to make a few changes to implement this:

1. Create an ECC variable in Finesse Administration. For example, the ECC variable might be "user.csqName".
  2. You will need to use the Set Enterprise Call Info step in the AEF script to set the String value you want shown into Finesse on an ECC variable. This step must be placed before the Select Resource step to work.
    • Use the Expanded Call Variables tab of the step. The General tab isn't relevant here as you do not need to store this in the historical reporting database, only display it to the agent in Finesse.
    • The Name field should be the ECC variable you created in Finesse Administration. It must be surrounded by double quotes.
    • The Value field is what you want shown to the agent. If you want to hardcode a Sting literal (e.g. Sales) you must surround it with double quotes. If you have a variable that contains your CSQ name - check the Select Resource step for reference - then you can put the String variable here without double quotes.
  3. Save, upload, and refresh the AEF script. Also have the agent logout and then log back into Finesse before testing.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You'll need to make a few changes to implement this:

1. Create an ECC variable in Finesse Administration. For example, the ECC variable might be "user.csqName".
  2. You will need to use the Set Enterprise Call Info step in the AEF script to set the String value you want shown into Finesse on an ECC variable. This step must be placed before the Select Resource step to work.
    • Use the Expanded Call Variables tab of the step. The General tab isn't relevant here as you do not need to store this in the historical reporting database, only display it to the agent in Finesse.
    • The Name field should be the ECC variable you created in Finesse Administration. It must be surrounded by double quotes.
    • The Value field is what you want shown to the agent. If you want to hardcode a Sting literal (e.g. Sales) you must surround it with double quotes. If you have a variable that contains your CSQ name - check the Select Resource step for reference - then you can put the String variable here without double quotes.
  3. Save, upload, and refresh the AEF script. Also have the agent logout and then log back into Finesse before testing.

Thanks Jonathan, 

Your reply is very detailed.

I did successfully.

Hi @Jonathan Schulenberg

How are you doing?

I have problem to do this step. I have an ivr the same as example in uccx, I have "set enterprise Call info",  before the Select Resource. I want to show the CSQ NAME and the TRIGGER Number from inbound calls as well as the calling number to use for call-back.

The uccx is 11.6, I have noticed that finesse have "QueueName", and "QueueNumber", but I have no idea how to use it?

Best regards,

Daniel Sobrinho

"QueueName" and "QueueNumber" (introduced in 11.6) are just for the screen-pop in Finesse.

On Finesse, just pick those two fields in your Call Variables layout. If you have custom layouts (per team or something), then you also pass the layout name from the CCX script using ECC variable - default layout is selected in Finesse in case you didn't pass the layout name from the script.

hi @Piyush Verma,

I want only display the CSQ name and trigger in Agent Finesse. I do not know use the ECC. Could you share a step by step here?

Daniel Sobrinho

To display queuename on any call variable layout in Finesse- (lets say you currently only have default layout)

1) Go to Call Variables layout tab on Finesse, highlight the default layout and click edit

2) under call header section, you can click "add row", select "queueName" from the drop down. Give any display name you like such as "CSQ" or whatever (display name could be anything).

3) Save it - you're good to go

CUSTOM call variables layout-

On Finesse, you can also define the call variables layout per business group. To do so, first you need to create a custom layout in Finesse - lets say you name it "Test_layout", then add all the desired variables you want to screen-pop on this layout. Because this is a custom layout, you also need to pass the layout name from the CCX script to use this layout for the screen-pop. To pass the layout name from the CCX script, here are the steps

a) In a CCX routing script - under Expanded Call Variables tab of the "Set Enterprise Call Info" Step, create an ECC variable called "user.layout". (Expanded call variables in short are called ECC variables)

b) Set the value of user.layout to the name of the call variables layout that should be used. The layout name should match the name of a call variables layout that was created on the Call Variables Layout tab in Finesse Admin. For this example - you'll set this to "Test_layout".

Hi @Piyush Verma,

I got. Thank you @Piyush Verma

Daniel Sobrinho

Hi @Piyush Verma,

Did you know if we can hidden the CTI port information in Finesse. A customer request us if could be removed from finesse layout?

Best regards
Daniel Sobrinho

I don't believe so. Unless of course, you roll your own gadget to replace the call control gadget.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: